Cubanita

"Cubanita is an intelligent woman...like you?" The man said as he explained his words to Love.

"Like me." Love flirted with the foreigner.

"So what are you doing after this?" He asked.

Right then Love saw the man she'd been waiting for this evening. Noticing him enter the club with a man to his right, she smiled at the foreigner while stealing glances at the two men dressed in all black three piece suits with a white shirt and no tie exposing their shaved chests. They ordered something at the bar counter. Excusing herself from her acquaintance, she took a seat on the bar top far but close enough for the supernatural hearing to work. She listened to the two men babbling about how they'd handled the morning meeting while she sipped the whiskey on the rocks occasionally, completely concentrating on her left ear, distinguishing their voice from that of the loud music and the other chatter. It was difficult to listen to them while a woman on the table behind Love kept complaining about her love life and how she thinks her boyfriend is cheating on her. 

When her mumbling got under Love's skin, she bolted in her direction.

"Seriously what is up with this generation? Just leave him already," Love said placing her hands on the round wooden two seater table. 

"And you are?" The girl in her early twenties asked. Before Love could introduce herself to her satisfaction, her attention was drawn to the guy sitting on the table.

"Hey," said the guy who wore spectacles. He had an earphone plugged to his ear, and he sat with his back arched backwards. 

"I've met you," Love said. 

"We were in the same University," he said as he drew his eyes down feeling intimidated by the girl who was the talk of the campus for a whole week before she got transferred to another state, as were the rumors.

"Pardon?" Love asked in confusion.

"University of South Texas," he said looking back at her,  fidgeting with the table. That's when the lust filled professor struck her mind. "Right," she said smiling widely at him.

"Oh, he texted me," the girl twisted the two heads at her with the sudden shrieky voice, who's name as inferred by Love was Tia. She was in love with a playboy, Love thought as she analyzed Tia's thoughts about her own boyfriend. 

"Congratulation," Love joked.

"Well..." the girl raised an eyebrow at Love before getting up her chair, "I should leave, he's gonna pick me up, so bye Jordan. It was good talking to you," she said as she excused herself. 

Love looked at the girl  who'd use poor Jordan like a tissue to wipe her tears off. She felt bad for the nerdy one. 

"So, chick pick?" Love asked awkwardly.

"Sorry?" The looked at her.

"Club, her?" Love whispered.

"Oh...no, no ,no ,no ,no ,no" he said clarifying her doubts, "She just wanted to talk."

"And you expected it to all be talk?" Love asked as she had her doubts about guys.

"Yes..." the guy said dragging it off his lips. "She needed a friend, so..."

Love looked deep in his eyes, and saw nothing, nothing suspicious, nothing that could charge him guilty. The guy returned her stare.

"Okay, I believe you," Love said. And right then she noticed the two men move around the corner of her eye.

"Excuse me," Love said as she moved past him. 

"But... what's your..." The poor guy wasn't able to complete his sentence amidst the loud music when Love moved right past moving inside the crow that danced their nights off.