Chapter 20

"You need to move out of the house." Louis is pressing a towel against Harry's lip, cleaning the blood off of it. He looks focused but his eyes have a certain fondness in them. Harry tries to stay still and only winces when Louis applies too much pressure or says something funny that makes him laugh and stretch his wound.

"I can't. I need to stay with my mum."

"Harry, she will understand." He presses the towel again and Harry pulls away. "Sorry."

"Look, it's complicated, ok? I just don't want to leave her there alone."

"I know it's not my place to say but even if you don't want to leave, you have to."

"You're right, it's not your place." Louis doesn't say anything, just presses the towel one more time on Harry's lip before getting up and going to the bathroom to clean it in the sink. "I'm sorry. That was harsh."

"It was true." Louis keeps looking down, concentrated on the blood coming out of the towel.

"It still was harsh. I shouldn't be like that to you, especially when you're just being nice to me."

"It's fine." Louis gives him a half hearted, close-lipped smile without looking up.

"It isn't."

"You really can't agree with me can you." Louis grins looking at Harry's eyes, meeting his gaze.

"No, I can't. I still hate you with all my heart, Princess." Louis chuckles.

"Sure you do." He smirks. He walks over to the bed where Harry'ssitting on the edge facing him. Louis places his hands on Harry's lap bending down so their faces are at the same level, their mouths only inches apart. Louis looks down at Harry's lips licking his own. "Do you hate me now?" He says with a smug look on his face. Harry looks down at Louis' lips while clearing his throat, blushing a bit.

"Yes." Harry replies and immediately grabs Louis' shirt between his fist bringing him closer until their lips crash together. He starts moving them slowly and Louis follows the movement grabbing Harry's thighs tighter.

"We should stop before we open the wound again." He says in between kisses.

"I don't care." He pulls him back into the kiss but Louis backs away.

"I do." He pecks Harry's lips softly before taking a step back. Harry pouts at him and Louis considers for a second giving in and just kiss him but he knows that it hurts Harry even if he doesn't say anything.

"You're no fun." He flops down on the bed spreading his arms out, the pout still on his face.

"I am fun." He walks towards his dresser and starts searching in it.

"No you're not."

"When your lip is fine, I'll prove it to you." He winks at him, smirking.

"My lip's fine now." He smirks too.

"No, it 's not." He throws some clothes at him. "You can wear that to sleep." Harry grabs the clothes and pouts even more than before. "Stop, with the puppy face, I'm not giving in,"

"Fine, turn around."

"What?" He says confused.

"If I can't kiss you, you can't look." Louis rolls his eyes smiling.

"Fair enough." He turns around and waits for Harry to tell him he can look again. When he turns around again he finds Harry standing in one of his biggest pijama bottoms yet they're still a bit too small for him. He looks quite funny but mostly he just looks adorable. Louis tries not to smile but his mouth betrays him.

"Don't laugh. It's not my fault you're literally the size of a child." He says playfully.

"Oi, no need to insult me," He narrows his eyes but keeps his smile.

"It's true though." Louis rolls his eyes and walks towards him. When he's right in front of him, he reaches for his sleeve and fixes it, Harry following his movements with his eyes. Louis looks up at him when he's fixed the sleeve meeting Harry's eyes. "My lip is fine, really." He says softly, almost a whisper. Louis chuckles and steps away from him.

"You're unbelievable." He says sweetly while shaking his head.

"And you are heartless."

"I'm not heartless, I'm caring." He lays on the bed pulling the covers up to his stomach.

"If you'd care, you'd let me kiss you."

"Why is that so?" He looks up at Harry who is still standing next to the bed.

"Because... I'm sad and I need something to cheer me up."

"So, you're saying I cheer you up?" He puts on a smug face trying to hide how nervous he is because Harry just said he cheers him up.

"I didn't say that."

"Just stop whining and get in bed." He says fondly. Harry starts to get into bed without breaking eye contact.

"Can we at least cuddle?" His voice is soft. Too soft. It makes Louis' stomach feel like it's doing somersaults.

"Fine." Harry smiles widely and lays his head on Louis' chest wrapping his arm and leg around him. Louis hugs Harry with one arm placing his hand on his head and stroking his hair. With his free hand he pulls the cover up to Harry's shoulders. "Good night." He says looking down at Harry who's already got his eyes closed.

"Night." He whispers back.

Louis feels the butterflies in his stomach go crazy at the sound of Harry's tired raspy voice and his touch around his body. He looks down again smiling before closing his eyes.