Chapter 7

It's been a week since the exam and the tutoring sessions have been pretty similar to the other ones. They're less often now, though. They mostly just do the homework they get assigned in class and revise the parts of the lesson that Harry didn't understand. Apart from that their interactions were few. Only a couple of glares when they do a foul to each other during practice. On friday they had the first football game of the season and as everyone expected they won.

Harry was a bit bitter about their win though. He didn't seem to be too concentrated on the game and Louis stepped in. If it wasn't for him they probably wouldn't have won. He made sure the team stayed together and scored two of the four goals they scored. After that Louis confronted him in the changing room about his behaviour.

"If you don't care just let someone else take your place. It's not like you're doing a good job anyway."

Those words resounded in the back of Harry's head all night, replaying them over and over again. He knew that Louis was right. Not about not wanting his spot as a captain but about not doing his job right. He hasn't been feeling like himself since his sister left for college. He knows it's a little stupid but they used to do everything together and now she's in a different country. In a different continent. Friday's game was the first game that his sister hasn't been at since he got into football. The fact his mother is in hospital so neither of his parents couldn't go either didn't really help his already shitty mood.

They got into a pretty heated argument because of that comment and it was only getting worse. It was a miracle the cheerleaders came in when they did because they were seconds away from hitting each other in the face. After the cheerleaders came they got drifted apart and decided to just forget about it.

Louis celebrated with all his sisters and his mother by going to a pizza place that night and then they watched a film. Jay let the girls stay up past their bedtime as she figured they would all enjoy the time together. Louis tucked them in when the movie ended and let his mother on the couch cause he felt bad if he woke her up. He then had some tea with Lottie in the kitchen because neither of them are tired. They talk for a while and make each other laugh until eventually they wake Jay up and she makes them go to bed. Louis kisses Lottie on the forehead and wishes her goodnight and then goes to his room.

It's Saturday night now and the whole team has gone to Liam's house to celebrate their win. Everyone but Harry, of course. Louis is kind of mad because a captain should be with his team but he really just prefers that he doesn't come. Louis has somehow managed to get Zayn to come to the party with him and although he swears he is not fond of football and that he won't have fun he hasn't done anything but laugh since he got there.

"Told you we weren't that bad." Louis punches Zayn lightly with his elbow and he just rolls his eyes not wanting to admit he was right.

"Payno, pass a beer."

"What's the magic word?" Liam arches his brows in question.

"Seriously, what are we five?"

"No, Tommo. What we are is polite."

"You're such a dork."

"But you love me just like this."

"Can't say I don't."

"Aw." Liam gets up and kisses Louis on the cheek. He tries to back away from the kiss but Liam grabs his face with both hands making him unable to move.

"Get off." He says while slapping his stomach with the back of his hand.

"Wow, seems like I'm not the only one you love Princess."

Of course Harry came. He probably can't go a single day without annoying Louis to the point where he just wants to kill himself. He rolls his eyes and gathers all of his strength not to insult him right there.