Chapter 26

Laura is sitting on Niall's bed with a guitar in her arms. Niall has spent the last hour trying to teach her how to play but for now she only knows how to hold the guitar properly, which is actually a lot considering how distracted they both are.

"Where do I put my fingers?" Laura looks up at Niall who is staring at her fondly with a big smile on his face. "Niall, focus! I want to learn."

"Sorry, you look too cute." Niall gets closer to her but as soon as he does he phone rings on the table making them both look at it.

"It's just Louis, he can wait."

"Maybe you should pick it up." Niall says whilst back away from her.

"It's fine, he probably just wants to hang out."

"Lau, just pick it up." His tone seems nervous and inpatient yet sweet.

"What's going on?" She furrows her brows in confusion. Niall sighs in defeat.

"Harry told me he was going to break it off between them because he couldn't wait any longer for an answer from him." He looks apologetic and sad at the same time.

"I have to go." Laura gets up placing the guitar gently on the bed and kissing Niall goodbye before she walks out the door while texting Zayn.

**

That morning Louis wakes up exhausted and with a pounding headache. He cried himself to sleep that night after the unsuccessful tries of his best friends to cheer him up. They got there fifteen minutes after Louis had texted Laura that he and Harry had broken up and they hadn't talked about the break up or Harry the whole time they were there, which Louis is immensely grateful for because he doesn't think he can handle talking about him right now. He knows that he shouldn't feel this way, not that long ago he hated his guts. But for some reason, Louis feels like what they had was too special, too good to let it go just like this. Laura and Zayn are already awake and talking about some cheerleader named Gigi when Louis sits up on his bed but he can't find it in him to pay attention to his friends, all he can think about is Harry and the fight that they had last night.

Laura and Zayn move on to talk about Niall and how he still hasn't officially asked Laura out but Louis still can't pay attention to a word they're saying the feeling that he's forgetting something completely taking over his mind and making him forget about everything else. Louis starts looking around the room to try and find some clues as to what he's forgetting while his friends keep bickering. Louis' eyes scan the room in search of answers until he looks at his school bag which has an envelope with Harry's name on it sticking out of it. The sudden realization hits him harder than anything has done before and with it the guilt. He gets up and quickly runs to his bag to grab the envelope before stalking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Zayn asks from where he is sitting down on the floor.

"To Harry's, I have to go apologize to him." Before he can get out, Laura stops him.

"You don't have to apologize for anything, it's not your fault."

"It is my fault, I made him think that I didn't want him to be with me."

"No you didn't, you were confused. He was the one who couldn't wait for you." Louis frowns at his friend.

"I got upset with him for something that wasn't his fault and made him leave, it is my fault."

"Louis, what happened yesterday?" Zayn asks him as he makes him sit down again. Louis explains what happened with him and Harry yesterday and his two confused best friends tell him what they heard from Niall when Louis asks them why they look so confused.