Chapter 21

"Ok, Louis, we need to talk." Laura barges into Louis' rooms without paying much attention to what or who's inside. "Niall and I were talking and he told me you and Harry are getting closer and I need to know what's going on because honestly, I ship it."

"I ship it too."

Laura finally looks at the room and her eyes widen in shock. "Oh. Hi Harry."

"Hi." He puts the book he was reading down on the bed and sits up resting his back on the head board.

"Where's Louis?" She asks looking around the room.

"He went with Lottie to get some groceries. How did you get in?"

"There's a spare key to the back door under the rug." Harry nods at her. Laura grins looking at him while grabbing a chair and sitting next to the bed. "I guess you can answer what I need to know."

"What do you want to know?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Ok, what are you guys? Have you guys talked about it or are you taking it slow? Also what are you doing here?"

"I don't know what we are, we haven't talked about it but honestly I think we should because I want to know how Louis feels, you know? Like, obviously I know he feels something, I wouldn't be here if he didn't but I want to know what he feels. Especially considering our history, we hated each other for such a long time..." He stops as if in thought without looking at Laura. "Actually, I never really hated him. I kind of liked him from the start but I didn't know how to act around him and when the fights started we just fell into that dynamic which would've made me look pathetic if I said I liked him so I just went with it." He finally looks up, realizing what he just said and who he said to. It's not like he doesn't like Laura but she is Louis' bestfriend. "I don't really know why I'm telling you this, I mean you're Louis' bestfriend."

"Don't worry, I won't tell him." She gives him a sincere smile and somehow Harry believes her.

After that, they talk to each other for a while. Harry tells her how he feels about Louis and then Laura tells him how he feels about Niall. After an hour Louis comes into the room and stills completely when he sees Harry and Laura talking. He hasn't told her much about Harry yet and right now he's thankful for that because them talking can't be something good. He narrows his eyes at his friends and she just smiles at him.

"Hey." Harry says casually.

"What's going on?" Louis looks confused and maybe a little bit worried.

"Nothing. I came over to talk to you but you weren't here so I got a replacement and let me tell you he is much better." She turns around and winks at Harry and Harry smirks.

"First of all, no one is better than me." Harry and Laura frown. "And second of all I don't like what you are doing." He points at Laura with a sceptical face.

"I didn't do anything. You haven't told me what's going on with you so I had to find answers myself. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have stuff to do." She gives Louis a hug before heading for the door. When she's about to leave she waves at both of them and then closes the door behind her.

"Ok, what did you talk about I need to know."

"Nothing really. She asked what we were and after that we kind of just talked about everything."

"What did you tell her?"

"Well, we talked for an hour so I told a lot of stuff."

"No, about what we are." His voice is soft.

"Oh, that. Um... I told her I didn't know. We haven't really talked about it."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Yeah, I think so. Do you?"

"Yeah." Louis doesn't really know why he said yes honestly. He hasn't given that much thought. He knows he likes Harry but they've only been seeing each other for about a month and all this serious talk is making him anxious. It's not like he didn't expect it to come at some point but Louis hated Harry until not that long ago. Louis thought he liked girls until not that long ago. This is all a bit too overwhelming for him and talking about it just seems to put pressure on it.

"Ok." He pauses for a second and Louis thinks he might be waiting for him to say something but he doesn't know what to say. "I like you."

"I like you... too." It comes out more awkward than he intended but he thinks Harry gets the message.

"So, should we be boyfriends?"

"Harry, don't take this the wrong way but I think it is a little early. I know we've been doing..." He gestures with his hand pointing at Harry and then at himself. "This for a while now but it's all moving too fast for me. I haven't figured myself out just yet and I feel like I have to figure that out before we figure us out. I know it's not fair for you because you clearly want more." Harry shakes his head.

"It's ok." He says interrupting him. "I understand. Take all the time you need to, don't worry about me." He steps closer to Louis as he grins. "And, in the meantime, we can just be how we are now."

"I'd like that." He grins back at Harry who is now a foot away from him. "Thank you."

"No problem, Princess." He wraps his arms around Louis' neck and Louis grabs him by the waist. They gaze into each other's eyes for a brief moment.

"You know, for a peasant you're quite charming."

"Am I?"

"Yeah." He looks down at Harry's lip with desire but his eyes wander to the wound that seems to be infected and immediately his whole face is overtaken by concern. He lets go of Harry and goes to the bathroom to get his first aid kit, the other boy looking at him confused.

"You know? Maybe if you had kissed it better this wouldn't have happened." He says cheeky.

"Maybe." He replies with a small smile.