Chapter 17

Louis stalks to the locker room picking his stuff up quickly and rushing out avoiding Harry. He's filled with an aching emotion which he can't tell if it is anger or sadness but he doesn't care; whatever it is Harry caused it.

Over the course of his relationship with Harry, he had made him angry in so many different ways and it drove Louis to hate him more every time he even breathed but this time it wasn't just anger. It was anger mixed with betrayal, disappointment, sadness. It was a mixture of very unpleasant emotions and he really didn't know how to get rid of it.

Louis hears footsteps following him to his car but he ignores them, walking faster because he just knows who they are from. 

"Louis!"

Louis doesn't answer, just keeps his back to the other boy .

"Louis, wait!" 

Louis gets to his car and even though he's trying to just ignore Harry's whining he just won't stop. He whipps, facing Harry with a hard look on his face.

"Why?"

"Because..." Harry looks down at him confused and worried. "You drove me here."

"So?"

"So, I assumed you'd also..."

"You assumed wrong."

"What? What's going on?"

""You know what, Harry? Why don't you talk to your dad? Maybe he can solve your problems again."

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't act dumb, Captain." Louis spits out the last word in a sarcastic tone. He feels a knot in his throat and his eyes start burning and he tells himself to stop. He is not crying right now, not in front of Harry. "Goodbye Styles."

Louis gets in his car slamming the door behind him and drives off leaving Harry standing alone in the parking lot.

When he gets home, he flops down on his bed burying his face in his pillow. He feels so angry and sad and frustrated and disappointed and too much. This is all too much for him. He didn't think Harry could be this heartless. He would have had such an amazing year as captain of the team. Plus he really cared about the team and football in general. Football was one of the most important things in his life and he even wanted to make a career of it, that's why he so desperately needed a scholarship.

The scholarship.

Louis had been so wrapped up about the captain thing that he forgot why being captain was so important to him. Scouts normally oversee the other players, the captains being  the best players of the team. And just like that added to all is much unpleasant emotions is worry. He knows that he is doing all he can to get that scholarship but that may not get it and it could all be thanks to Harry's selfish ways.

How could he have been fooled by Harry like this? How could he have looked at him and thought he was a nice person? How did he let himself have feelings for Harry Styles? He should've just kept on hating him, like he did before. Maybe then this wouldn't have hurt as much. He couldn't understand how he was right from the beginning and somehow Harry made him change his mind. But none of that matters now because what he can understand is that Harry is just a selfish bastard that deserves nothing but hatred from him.

The rest of the week goes by fast. Louis talked to his chemistry teacher and asked for a different student to tutor and thankfully she swap him with another kid from a different grade. In chemistry he decided to change his seat and sat by himself at the end of the class. It was better this way. At practice he went with Liam and Ashton and ignored anything Harry said to him directly. As for the rest of the time Louis tried as hard as he could to avoid Harry's sad stares which were honestly getting creepy. He also ignored all his text messages and calls because he really  doesn't want to hear his stupid voice. His stupid low, soft, wonderfull voice.