Chapter Thirty Three.

****
"Why do you like thunderstorms?"

"because it shows that even nature needs to scream sometimes. "

****

Zoya's P.O.V.

How did he know about the hospital  and my appointments?
Plus he had all those documents  as well.
I looked at him, holding my hand as if he will get lost if I left it.

I saw the fallen tear, and to lighten the mood I asked, "I thought you didn't like this palliative centre."

He gave me the half hearted smile and muttered to himself but I heard it all"I believe I can overcome this fear, for you."
My heart did somersaults hearing that sentence.
Especially  hearing those last two words 'for you'.
Why for me?
A smile automatically appeared on my lips as we headed inside going through the corridors, letting our nostrils fill with the signature hospital scent that I have tend to like since have spend most of my time here now.

We then headed towards the doctor's office,our hands still enclosed.
I could feel him taking deep breaths to ease his nervousness.
I should be nervous not him.

****

After checking up with doctors, doing my regular heart check ups.
We were now sitting in the doctors office waiting for the reports.
I looked at Asad shaking his leg furiously and chewing his thumb nail out of nervousness.
I bit my lower lip for a mere second and kept my hand on his thigh to stop him from shaking it.
"everything will be fine hopefully." I muttered.
Honestly, even I wasn't sure of what the reports will be.
For the past few days my vitals have been weak.

The doctor sat holding my result and looking at me he shook his head with disappointment.
"Zoya I expected you to be responsible, last week you were told to rest completely till the next check up and what you do? The results are very bad, we need to start the operation  procedures very soon, we have already got the donor, all you need is to deposit the fee."

I looked at Asad and saw him looking at me, licking my lips I replied to the doctor,"I was arranging for that, by the end of this month I would have the complete amount."
Asad and I then left after being given some medicines to go to the car.

Starting at the handle of the driver's door Asad asked,"why didn't you rest when you were told to do so?"
"I couldn't take leave from work cause I needed all those money, plus it's been only two months since i started the work so I can't be an absentee newbie." I said waiting for Asad to unlock the car so I could enter,the sun was unbearingly hot.
But instead of unlocking he locked the already locked car again and strides in big steps towards me,  making me turn around to face him, he spoke out of anger,our faces just few inches apart.
"now all you need is rest, so from tomorrow  you ain't going to work. I don't want to listen that you just recently started or what, my decision is final that you are now going to rest completely till the surgery."
He then unlocked the car, opened the door for me and made me sit, taking care of me as if I was a baby.
Closing the door, he headed towards the driver's to make him sit.
I was just staring at him, after the car started I told him," I would only rest once I have enough money,if I rest now,  how will I get the remaining amount?"

He slowed down the car,  to let the old couple cross the road looking at me he replied, "how much do you need? I will bring the amount  by the end of this week."
I raised my brow and turned to look at him.
What is he thinking?
"I still need one million more,where will you get the amount in one week?"
He sped the car and muttered,"you don't have to worry about that Zoya."
I sighed and replied,"then I'll only rest after you bring the amount deal?"

Parking the car, he looked at me and nodded, "OK, deal"
Rolling my eyes, I came out of the car and headed inside the house with Asad following me.
seeing the house so sad and empty I asked, "where is bhabhi? And you already shifted?" I eyed his now empty book shelves.

Holding my hand he pulled towards the staircase and said,"bhabhi is already at the new house, you need to pack fast cause bhabhi might be waiting for us."
Heading towards my room,he made me sit on the bed and standing facing my cupboard he asked,"if I open this,the clothes won't hug me right?"

"why are you asking me? Wait wait wait.. What did you just say?" I got up from the bed and stood before him "you mean to say that am messy? How dare you Asad!"
He rolled his eyes and muttered rubbing his nape, "I didn't mean that, Zoya? And what are you doing standing?" he pushed me till the edge of the bed and made me sit forcefully "the doctor strictly forbade you to do anything, you were advised to completely rest then why can't you heed a small request?"

What the hell!
I think he has gone insane.
Indeed the doctor ordered me to rest but that doesn't mean I can't even stand!
"I was only asking because while helping bhabhi pack, her clothes hugged me so tight that I almost died," Asad replied while packing the few clothes that I had.

I huffed in anger seeing him mess my clothes by just dumping in the suitcase.
Creating creases on them.
Just then Asad hissed in pain.
"ouch!"
He must have hurt himself by one of my dress which has some mirror work.
But I?
I couldn't do anything.

"why are you just staring? Go bring the first aid kit," Asad hissed.
I sat looking anywhere but him and muttered," I have been strictly  told by the doctor to rest."

*******