Chapter Thirty Seven.

*****

Everything I used to love about you is what I hate the most about you now!

*****

Asad's P.O.V.

Atleast as I thought dad did agree to give me my share.
But they weren't enough for Zoya's operation.
We still needed more.
I was just walking towards Zoya's desk when I saw the girl who was my everything once, going inside the restroom.
Her face still tear stained.
I felt bad for, what happened?
Is it my brother?
Can Zoya be right?
I followed her inside even though the restroom was for females only.
But do I care?

Before I could enter, Zoya stood before me.
"Asad? What are you doing outside the ladies washrooms?" She then looked at the sign behind me and raised her brow.

Seeing Zoya I remembered what she had said.
She hurt you before Asad! Let her feel the pain now.
Pain? What I went through Kaira will never know.
She left me when I needed her, she left me for money with my brother.
Only a mere breakup won't let her know about the pain bhabhi and I went through.

I saw hands waving infront of my face and Zoya calling,"Asad?"
I blinked replying,
"I.. I was looking for you, I got half the amount, now you'll resign yeah?"
She nodded smiling,"I was going to resign either way."
And left for Mr.Asad's office to resign.

I stood outside the washrooms, thinking whether I should go in or not?
Shaking all my thoughts away and doing what I really wanted to do, I opened the door and stepped inside.

Upon entering, I didn't even need to look for her, I knew she would be in the last stall, crying her heart out silently.
That's how we met the first time.

I waited for her outside the last stall while she cried.
I could hear her sobs.
After some time, I checked my watch and five minutes had already passed.
I coughed and her sobs stopped.
Now I could only hear the sharp breaths she was taking to stop the sobbing.
She opened the stall staring at me with her bloodshot eyes.
Swollen from crying and black cause her mascara had smeared around her eyes.
She spoke her voice all cracked,"what are you doing here Asad? It's for ladies only."
I nodded handing her the tissues that were kept on the wash basin.
"Wipe your tears Kaira, you look like zombie."
She squinted her eyes and snatching the tissues from my hand started wiping her face.
"Don't mind just stating the fact." I replied leaning back on the wash basin.
After wiping she looked at me and asked,"so what are you doing here?"

I replied,"You felt it? The pain of breakup? It's nothing compared to what you made me feel. I would never intentionally wish you pain but seeing your state right now? Makes me happy." Smiling I gave her more tissues and started walking away but her next words halted my steps.
"You've changed Asad."
I turned to look at her and giving her my hurt smile i replied,"all thanks to you." And left from there.
Hoping never to see her ever again.

Zoya's P.O.V.

I had resigned finally from the work Asad hated.
Clicking the button on the lift to go to the parking lot, I waited for the lift doors to open up.
The sound dinged indicating the lift has reached my floor.
The doors opened, and there stood Ayan Sir.
He smiled at me as I entered inside the lift smiling back.
He spoke after the doors closed,"how is she?"
I wasn't sure if that's what he asked so I turned to look at him and asked to confirm," sorry what?"
"How is Mehreen?" He asked.
"Why do you want to know?" I asked my eyes squinted in an angry manner.

He fidgeted from one foot to other and replied," umm.. I just want to know how she is doing."
Seeing him nervous I relaxed a bit and replied," she and the baby both are well If that's what you want to know about."
He nodded leaving as the lift doors opened on the cafeteria floor.
Closing the lift I waited for it to reach the ground floor.

What's happening?
Why is he acting this way?
He broke Mehreen bhabhi's heart to be with Kaira, and now he broke up with Kaira and is worried about bhabhi?
It's all just confusing.

I headed outside the lift, going towards Asad's car.
He had texted me that he will be waiting for me down here.
Spotting his car, I rushed towards it and sat inside.
He smiled at me and said," resigned?"
Rolling my eyes i muttered," as per your wish."
Chuckling he started the car and moved it outside the parking.
Once we were on the way I asked,"so what were you doing near the ladies restroom?"
He slowed the car's speed and replied," as I said before, waiting for you."
Opening the window to let the cool breeze in I stated, staring out the now opened window."I saw you going in."
To see what his reaction would be I turned to look at him.
Gripping the staring wheel tight he replied," I went to see Kaira."
Sighing I spoke,"why won't you understand? She needs to feel the pain she gave you."

He pressed the brake all of a sudden and shouted,"she will never be able to feel the pain I received Zoya! The pain she is feeling now of heart break is nothing compared to the pain I felt and still feeling."
Parking the car aside, he came out of the car.
I checked the surrounding we were at and saw that we had stopped at the bridge where we first met.
At that time he was at his worse and today as well he is feeling worse.
The only difference is he is in his senses today and not a stranger to me.

I got down from the car to go and stand beside him.
The sun had set, giving the sea a golden look, I looked at him to see a tear slide down his cheek.
He turned to look at me and spoke with his voice heavy as if he was trying not to cry.
"She didn't only break my heart Zoya, she broke my family. And she'll never be able to know how it feels."
Seeing him in tears, my eyes welled up.
"Stop crying," I whispered to myself but I guess he heard cause he turned to look at me and asked,"why are you crying Zoya?"

I shrugged," because you are crying."
Shaking his head and wiping his eyes he spoke," am not crying it's just that something entered my eyes."
He then wiped my tears with his hands as I spoke,"then the same thing entered my eyes as well."
Chuckling he took hold of my hand and made me sit in the car and buckling me well with the seatbelts he joked," then let us go home before those somethings in our eyes irritate more."
I just smiled as he sat on the driver's seat and started the car going towards our new house.