Chapter Twenty Seven

****

nothing is safer

than the sound of you

reading out loud to me
- the perfect date

****

Zoya's P.O.V.

I shouldn't have said anything  to him.
Why do I always open my mouth at the wrong time?
Covering the cake,  I headed upstairs and knocked on Asad's room, but he didn't open.
Just then bhabhi passed by asking me, " what's wrong Zoya, why'd you look worried?" I look worried?
"nothing just wanted go ask Asad  something." I replied.
She nodded speaking, " I'll just go rest have been feeling tired."
I smiled," yeah bhabhi you should rest, you have been hyped about the room decoration."

Just then the door of Asad's room opened and he came out asking bhabhi, "are you alright bhabhi?"
Bhabhi smiled and said," yeah am absolutely  fine just tired,  all I need is rest."
Asad nodded taking bhabhi to her room.
I stood there waiting for him.
He looked sober.
Means he didn't drink.
I took a breath of relief and muttered Alhamdulillah , thanking Allah for he didn't feel bad of what I said.

He came near me, held my wrist and took me inside his room.
That was a first.
He took me in his room willingly.

"I thought am not allowed inside." I stated.
He rolled his eyes, made me sit on his bed and closed his bedroom door.
What's up with him?

"what are doing Asad?" I asked
He took the envelope from his coffee table and handed it to me,  sitting beside me on his bed.
I eyed the envelope and removed the document inside.
Reading it's heading I widened my eyes and looked at him.
"you are telling me to move out? Why?"
He shook his head face palming and muttered, "can't you ever complete reading before assuming?"
I kept the paper on his lap and stated with confidence," am not assuming  anything ok? The heading clearly stated evacuation what would that mean?"

He sighed, "this isn't your evacuation  letter, not only you but all of us will have to move out."
I looked at his face trying to digest what he just said.
"Ayan bhai sent the evacuation letter? But you are his brother you have equal rights just like him."
He shook his head and muttered in a dejected voice," the only property that's mine is the cafeteria  which my mum left under my name, but whatever belongs to my dad is now only for Ayan."

"where would we stay?" I asked.
"we? Not we Zoya, only bhabhi and I. You'll have to look a place for yourself."
I nodded looking anywhere but him.
He laid down on his bed staring his ceiling while I asked, "how will you break this news to bhabhi?"
He sighed, "I don't know." rubbing his face with both his palms.

I got up from his bed and started heading towards the door,"umm Asad?" he sat up,"yes Zoya?"
"by when do I have to move out?"
He looked directly in my eyes,  gulping hard he replied, " end of this month."
Nodding I went to the living room

******

Asad's P.O.V.

I don't know how I would tell bhabhi about moving out of this house.
Her dream of decorating the baby's room will be shattered.
I stayed in my room for a hour or two thinking of all the ways I could break this news to bhabhi without breaking her heart.

I had changed into my batman pyjama with nothing on top,and as was feeling thirsty so headed downstairs to the kitchen.
I could hear the TV running faintly in the living room.
After drinking the water I headed towards the living room and saw Zoya sitting on the sofa watching TV while eating raw noodles.
I sat beside her and asked," Raw noodles?"
She nodded offering me, I denied watching the TV ahead.
"you don't even know how to make noodles?" I asked.
She denied and replied,"when I was at the orphanage, the chef there used to make for me whenever I was hungry."
I looked at her, she was engrossed in whatever movie she was watching on the TV.
"I can make for you." I spoke.
What's happening with me?
Why do I always say things I don't even know?
It's like my mouth has a mind of its own.
She looked at me and stated at the TV sighing.
"you don't have to, I don't want to get used to having you around cooking, otherwise it will be hard to adjust without you when I move out."

I nodded.
"how about I teach you cooking while you still living here?
She looked at me smiling."you will teach me? Are you sure?"
I rubbed his eyes and said,"just agree before I change my decision."
She chuckled and replied, " OK you can teach me, when did my classes start? Tomorrow?"
I smiled shaking my head.
Holding her wrist I got up from the sofa and beckoned her to come with me.
She stood up and walked with me,  with her hand in mine till the kitchen.
"student Zoya, you classes starts today, from now."

******