Chapter One

Apart from obvious references to public figures and events,all characters and incidents in this book are fictional.
Any similarities to people living or dead are entirely coincidental.

The Author asserts the moral right to be identified as the author of this work.

All rights reserved.

****

A single sunbeam is enough to drive away all the shadows.

*****

Zoya's P.O.V.

Zoya; means love means life.

"Zoya di(sis) slow down!" A shout came from behind.
I smiled cycling faster.
"No bunty catch up with me." I shouted back.

"Di please," came the plea from bunty.
I slowed down as he cycled ahead of me.
"You little rat! You cheat!" I laughed but letting bunty be ahead.

After about cycling for five more minutes with bickering and shouts we finally reached our destination.

Bunty; he is a thirteen years old cancer patient.
I met him for the first time in hospital, he was there for his chemotherapy, and we instantly clicked and became friends.
Well I guess I have that aura of clicking with everyone.
Coming here at the highest point in our village was one of his dreams.
He couldn't come before cause of his weakness since he was small but today I had to bring him here.
I had to make sure his dream gets fulfilled.

I stood beside him, admiring the beauty of our village.
It seemed like a painting of Picasso.
Just perfect.
The sun bowed down upon us with its golden rays illuminating the valleys and the tiny houses that could be seen from above here.
It was the golden hour of the day, the sun gone soft, making the sky crimson, magenta and gold.

"Thank you Di.(sis)" Bunty whispered still stunned by seeing the beauty.
No matter how many times you watch...sunsets would always seem to fascinate you with their beauty everyday.

I smiled and spoke," Do you know? That a single sunbeam is enough to drive away all the shadows."

Bunty looked confused.
I continued," this place is your sunbeam bunty, it doesn't matter what the doctors or people say, I know chemo is hard but it's you that will treat whatever it's inside." I pointed my finger to his heart."you have to fight with the monster yourself, chemo is just a Weapon you are the real fighter."

Bunty wiped his tear stained cheeks and hugged me saying," but I can't take the pain and pity of the people Di.(sis)"
"I know, but atleast try? For your parents and Akira your little sister." I said as we sat on our cycle to head back to hospital.

This time we rode to our own pace, side by side, talking and joking.

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

I was now home.
The Shinning Star Orphanage.
Well home isn't always a place...sometimes it's the people.
And my home was these kids of orphanage.
These were my family.
Cause this is where I grew up.

As I passed the gate,The watchman uncle Damodar greeted me,"Zoya Beti(daughter), how are you?"
I smiled answering "am good how are you and aunty?"
"She is fine just asking for you." He replied back.
"Oh is it the phone again?"
"I feel it is." He chuckled.

"I'll pass by tomorrow." I then headed inside, parking my cycle and headed towards my abode.

I don't know who my parents are but after all these years spending in the orphanage.
Am thankful that they left me here.
I now have a bigger family.
These kids are my life.

🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃

****

That we only accept the truth after we have first wholeheartedly rejected it;

****

Asad's P.O.V.

Asad;
Means brave means lion.

The golden Rays of the sun penetrated through the half torn curtain shaking me to life.

A scene of total devastation met my eyes.
A grandfather clock splintered at my feet, it's face cracked, it's pendulum lying a little further away like a dropped sword.
Cushions lay deflated, feathers oozing from slashes in their sides; fragments of glass and China lay like powder over everything.
I got up with the empty beer bottle rolling away from me.
Moving carefully scrutinizing the scene.
Pain shot through me like a red hot bolt of lightning, as I lay on my messed bed reminiscing last night.

Flashback;

"What do you mean it's not working?" I shouted.
"What I mean is we need to break up," came a reply with the same tone I used.
"But.. but I thought you liked me," my voice lowered into a plea.
Just waiting for her to laugh and say "April fool"
But it isn't April and I don't see her laughing anytime soon.

"I do... I do like you it's just I can't be with you anymore," by saying that she left.
She left me when I needed her the most.
My father had just disowned me cause I am neither interested in his business nor doing doing anything at the moment.
And just after few hours of that she left me.
It's like she was with me only for my luxury.

***

After that all I remember is drinking and then this scene, what I see.