Chapter Thirty Six.

*****

Thank you for walking into my life and bringing color to my world which was once dark and gray.

*****

Zoya's P.O.V.

I was at work, busy and had totally forgotten about giving the resignation letter to Ahmad Sir.
It was now almost lunch time.

It's not that I'll quit the job just because Asad said so but I feel that the main reason he doesn't want me to work is because of this company.
I am very sure that he won't be able to bring the amount today,  but I don't want him to feel bad cause after everything Ayan Sir did to him and bhabhi, I don't want him thinking that why am still working for his brother and father.
That's why I'll give my resignation letter today and start looking for job another place.
That's the only way.

Coming to the city the one that ever helped me was Asad.
And I wouldn't want to see him suffer because of me.

Taking the file that Mr.Ayan wanted I headed towards his office.
My steps taken cautiously cause didn't wanted kaira to notice me.
She had always hated me for no reason.
And today didn't want to encounter with her, cause I was already in bad mood as was leaving the best work and meeting her will just worsen my mood.

I was just about to knock on his office door when the voices I heard halted my steps.
As if time was frozen.
What is going on inside?
Keeping my left ear on the door, trying to listen to their conversation.

"What are you doing?"
Hearing that voice I knew I had to pray my last words before am dead.
I turned around to come into contact with six feet guy that has been bossing around me lately and making me feel all jittery in my stomach with just his mere presence.
Like the way butterflies are swarming inside my stomach right now.

"Asad!" I whisper yelled.
Keeping my forefinger on his lips to quiten him, I whispered," Shhh! Am trying to listen what's happening inside."
He removed my finger and spoke,"that isn't good Zoya, stop being those neighbor aunties who loves gossips."
Raising my brow I asked,"who doesn't like gossips? Listening and telling gossip is what normal people do."

Biting his under cheek he stated,"well I won't let you be normal, you have to be abnormal with me.come on!" He then pulled my hands and led towards my desk.
But..
What is he doing here?
I thought he was banned inside this company.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking at him as he fidgeted from one foot to another.
He held the paper in his left hand more tightly.
What's in it?
Can it be? Oh no!
I snatched the envelope from him and told," I told you that I'll only resign if you bring the amount."
Shrugging his shoulder he replied,"I know that, now give me back my envelope."

I hid the envelope behind my back, as he tried to take it from me.
"You don't trust me!" I muttered as he still tried taking it from me.
"Where did trust come from?" He asked confused.
"I know what's in the letter!" I stated and that made him freeze.
"What?h.. how?" He stuttered.
"You came to see your father to give him this envelope?"I asked even though I knew I was right.
"Yeah but.." he nodded and I interrupted him,"you didn't trust me to give my resignation letter myself so you brought one yourself."
I was at the verge of crying.
He didn't believed me when I said that I'll resign if he brings the amount.
Plus I was going to resign anyway for him.
"What? That's not... What do you think is inside this envelope?" He asked
Is he insane right now?
"Ofcourse my resignation letter!" I replied confidently.

"You are such a dumbo, why would I have your resignation letter Zoya?" He asked shaking his head, his hair bouncing on it.
"Cause you don't want me working for your father and brother." I answered.
"That's right but I can't force you not to work." He stated.

Then what's inside the envelope?
I looked at it on my hand while he said," it's my resignation letter from my dad's property. It's my letter asking for my share."

"Why would you do that? For me? For my operation?"I asked as a tear slipped dow my cheek.
No one had ever done that much for me.
Everyone in the orphanage were good to me but no one ever went to that extent.
He nodded taking the letter from my hand.

Wiping the fallen tear I gave him a weak smile and asked,"but why? Why do all this for just a stranger?"
He chuckled coming closer and whispered"stranger? Really? What were you when you helped me from the bridge, what were you when you saved me from bankruptcy by being a paying guest, what were you when you held me strong when bhabhi fainted huh?"

I looked into his eyes and muttered,"it was all out of humanity, I was just being a human."
He tucked a loose strand behind my ear and whispered,"well consider this humanity as well."
That's when the dam broke.
Tears rushed like waterfall from my eyes and I hugged him tight, not letting any air pass through us.

He didn't hugged me back but I didn't mind that.

*****

Asad's P.O.V.

Out of nowhere she suddenly hugged me, a tight warm hug.
Should I hug her back or let her be?
Fuck thoughts.
I enclosed my hands on her tiny figure hugging her back.

Well the hug just fucked up my feelings too.
Hugging her back made my heart run a marathon.
It felt like that of Usain bolt.
Damn fast.

A cough broke our moment, I turned to see kaira, a tear stained face, eyes red on the inside and black outside as her mascara had smeared everywhere.
What happened to her?

"Are you ok kaira?" I asked.
She looked at me in the eye and that's when I knew that she was not okay.
I felt bad seeing her hurt, was just about to go comfort her when Zoya stopped me by holding my hands, palms enclosed with hers.
I looked at our entwined hands as Zoya spoke," am sorry, it was just a hug but won't happen again here in the office atleast." Giving kaira a wink at the end.
Kaira looked at our hands and left after nodding.

Facing Zoya I said,"why would you do that? Now she'll think we are a couple."
"So? She hurt you before Asad! Let her feel the pain now."Zoya replied nonchalantly.
"She looked sad, what could've been bothering her," I asked biting my thumb nail out of worry.

"Just karma, Ayan sir broke up with her." Zoya stated leaving my hand and heading towards her chair to sit.
"What? How would you know?"she raised her brow replying,"that's what I was trying to listen before you stopped me."

I face palmed and said,"well let me go give this to Mr.Ahmad" pointing to the envelope.
"He is your father Asad,respect him."Zoya scolded.
I chuckled sarcastically"really? I didn't know."
She rolled her eyes while I headed inside the office without knocking as usual.