Chapter Twenty Two.

****

When you are wounded, sometimes it's best to retreat and heal. But do not stay hidden for too long, because all wounds need air.

****

Zoya's P.O.V.

I didn't know why he seemed changed.
I thought Asad and I could be friends.
I thought I could have someone other than the kids at orphanage and Miss D'Souza.

What did I do to make him go far from me?

I had almost finished washing all the dishes and was now heading to my room, he was already in his.
I wonder what I'll eat tomorrow for dinner.
Breakfast I could eat toast and butter and then lunch I could order from restaurant but dinner?

I can't eat everyday the food of outside, it's unhealthy.
I'll have to learn cooking.
And I'll only learn if I practice.

Well I guess indeed it's my fault, I always give my whole to people who don't care.
I thought Asad was different, but I guess I can't judge him now since am not sure who he really is.

Last night was amazing, we shared the most private moments which made me feel that maybe just maybe we both are in the same boat but today he proved that wrong.
We might have been going the same route but his was cruise and whereas mine was just a small dingy boat.

He was just showing off his richness today by calling himself either the owner or the landlord.
Keeping the thoughts aside I ate the medicine and slept hoping he gets the nightmare and I intentionally won't go to help him.

Although I also prayed that he doesn't get any nightmares.
Am so strange.

Arghhh! I care too much.

Without even thinking any further I slept forcefully.

****

I woke up in the morning at my usual time to pray for fajr and was glad that I didn't hear any cry or screaming the whole night from Asad it means he didn't get any nightmares.

His room light was also switched off when I passed through his room to go downstairs in the kitchen for breakfast.
He might have been still sleeping.
But do I care?

And I wonder from which planet am from, I just remembered seeing the toaster that I effing don't know how to use it!
How am I ever going to make my bread toast without knowing how to use the electric machine?
Argh!!! I hate not helping Miss D'Souza's at the orphanage kitchen.

Just taking the plain bread and applying butter and jam, I then poured myself a glass of freshly squeezed watermelon (which by the way I found it ready in the fridge) and set all my breakfast on the table ready to be gobbled.
I was very fond of eating but I always hated or rather dreaded cooking.

Before even coming here I never thought of how I would feed myself, all I always thought was how I'll live and then meet my parents which in reality I know that's impossible.
After having breakfast I then headed towards the main door, when the door to Asad's room clicked open and out came Asad with his hair all messed up as if he spent the whole night passing his hands through for styling, with his Popeye's printed pyjama hunged low at his waist, wearing nothing for the bare chest.

Honestly speaking??
He looked hella sexy.
Did I just said that s word?
I guess I did!
But I can't deny how handsome he is.

He looked at me raising his eye-brow and muttered," better you click a photo,"
I was downstairs while he was standing on top of the stairs, we were at a very far distance yet I felt butterflies erupting in my stomach Making me feel all jittery and fuzzy.

I was so engrossed in ogling him that I didn't even know when he came downstairs and stood infront of me.
He then handed me a tissue and said with rather stern voice," have this."

I was confused as to why I was being offered a tissue when he spoke," you got a drool at the corner a bit ye."
Squinting my eyes a little in confusion I touched the corner of the lips to find nothing, angry at making fun of me I balled the tissue in my palm and threw at him muttering," what's wrong with you?"
He chuckled while I continued," oh ofcourse you lost some of your brain screws when you were small yah?"

I then went out, before even i could shut the door he shouted," lemme know when you find 'em!"
Rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see I shouted back,"sure wouldn't want you to remain maniac all your life."

I was still standing outside behind the closed door when he replied back, I could hear his voice a little further as if he was in the living room," ofcourse afterall you are oh so kind!"

Rolling my eyes at his stupidity and smiling a little I headed towards the curb to hail a taxi.
Today I made sure I took my wallet so I don't stay hungry for the whole day.

*****

Asad's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe her!
How could she joke with me after what I said yesterday?
She is one strange human.
Is she even a human?

I intentionally didn't sleep the whole of last night so I don't get any nightmares, but ofcourse I can't stay awake every night for as long as she is here.
That will just detoriate my health.

I wonder what I got to do to avoid having nightmares.
Today Bhabhi won't be coming cause she will be going to visit her gynecologist.
So I had the house to myself till evening.
I called Vinay to accompany me but he was still busy with his girlfriend till tomorrow.

Vinay and his girlfriend has been in a long-distance relationship for the past year and they only meet once a month.
So they try to spend those days for the fullest.

Vinay is whipped.
Totally in love with his girlfriend.
And it isn't a bad thing cause his girlfriend is pretty nice.
She isn't Indian tho, but love looks no caste or religion.

I spent my whole day in the living room playing PlayStation in my pyjamas.
I have a set of pyjamas with different cartoon characters printed on it.
And only those are my fave.
You think am weird?
Well I guess I am.
Everybody is.
Everybody has that one thing which makes them weird.
Isn't it?

Well playing FIFA in PlayStation that's how my day was spent, pausing a little for food and loo breaks only.
Today I didn't let vodka be my companion.

*****