Chapter Thirty Eight.

****
Family isn't important thing. It's everything.
****

Zoya's P.O.V.

The neighborhood where our new house cum hotel is located was packed with people, stark contrast to the neighborhood we moved out from.

The alleys were way smaller for the cars to pass through.. so he parked his car in a public parking lot which I know won't be safe for his expensive car, and told me to get off so we could go to the house on foot.

"Are you sure it's safe to leave your car here?"
He stopped and turned around to look at me," yeah! It's absolutely safe."
He then smiled seeing my confused face and tugged me, leading me the way to the house.
"Don't worry Zoya, everyone knows each other here," he stated as we passed through many narrow alleys.

I lived in a small town myself so ofcourse I know everyone knows each other here but he didn't, how could he knows people he just met few hours back? But he said that the hotel belonged to his mum, so that means,"you grew up around here?"
He shrugged,"you could say that."

I smiled knowing I will now get to know the place that made him HIM.
We walked a bit and then entered this marvelous yet a small cute restaurant.
The vibe inside was summery and soothing to the eye, he was still holding my hands leading me all the way. There was a spiral staircase that led to the small apartment.

The apartment wasn't spacious as his previous mansion ofcourse, but it was big enough for the three of us. It required a bit of paint work, cleaning and some furnitures. Bhabhi came towards us and hugged Asad, "are you okay?" He kissed her forehead and nodded, and now he wasn't holding my hand instead was hugging bhabhi, so I slipped away from their family moment and checked out the house.

Despite their broken family, but the love Asad and Mehreen bhabhi had made me wish for a family.
Made me miss my orphanage family.
I unlocked my phone and wrote up a message to miss D'Souza.
The mission I had come to the city for is going nowhere, but I feel once I've settled in this building which will soon be home I'll be able to investigate and know who my parents were.

***

Asad and I helped bhabhi clean the house, it was a bedsitter therefore it had no separate rooms, We had one bed which Asad decided will be used by bhabhi and me while he will sleep on the floor.
"You haven't cleaned that spot Asad," bhabhi complained, Asad looked confused with a mop in his hand, his hair disheveled and clothes had splotches of dirty water. I stood up walking towards him,"I told you to leave the cleaning work to me." He held the mop tightly so I couldn't take from him,"you aren't doing any work Zoya, GO and SIT," I looked at him, it was clear he was struggling with the mop being his first time cleaning thoroughly.
"Am the only one pregnant, let Zoya help you, what you are doing isn't cleaning Pappu." Bhabhi stated.
I looked at the floor and agreed with bhabhi, the part which according to Asad was clean was actually mopped with the same dirty water he had in the bucket.
I stood close to Asad and suggested" let me help you this once, teach you how to do it and then I won't do it ever again okay?" He nodded asking,"promise?"
"no I can't promise but trust me I won't help you again."
"I trust you with my life Zoya," he whispered We were super close yet far, I could feel his breath but not his heartbeat hence couldn't decipher why he said that,was it meant for me to listen? I didn't know.

We had our dinner which was a take out due to lack of groceries, our chef Asad was given off. We had ordered burgers but Asad had bread and butter only, he then went downstairs leaving bhabhi and I to finish off our dinner. I excused myself from bhabhi and went downstairs to Asad.
He was sitting on one side of the counters of the restaurant in the dark."why didn't you had burger?"
"What are you doing here Zoya?"
"Answer me first,"
"I wasn't hungry."
"I came to eat with you."
"But I had my dinner Zoya."
"Have again with me?"
He looked at me and eyed my plate.
"Have your burger with you?"
I nodded
"Oh please Zoya, with the way I have seen you eat, this burger is nothing compared to the enormous appetite you have."
"You think I eat alot?" I went towards him and stood opposite him.
"Think? I know you eat alot,I've seen you eat before." I couldn't see the colour of his eyes but they were looking only at my lips. I licked my lips and replied to my defence," that one time you had made alot of biryani for the two of us so I didn't want to waste food that's why I ate alot." Ofcourse I eat alot, and with the metabolism I have the food isn't even seen where it goes.
He took the plate from me and keeping it aside he asked,"what about this morning?"
I shrugged,"same thing no wasting of food." He nodded pulling me close," what about now?"
"Now am sharing it with you."
"And why is that?" I smiled at him,"because I want to."
Passing his thumb across my lower lip he pressed his forehead to mine, locked me between his legs and asked," why are you so nice Zoya?" I pulled my head apart a bit and held his face with my hands, he had a little stubble growing. I so wanted to kiss him.
Just the way he did before, I passed my thumb over his lower lip and he smiled,"what are we doing Zoya?" Before I could say anything his stomach grumbled and stepping back smiling and pointing to the plate I said," sharing a burger."
I sat beside him and divided the burger into half.
"You left bhabhi alone," he asked while biting his burger.
"She knows why am here, it's just she can't move cause of her big belly."
"I thought you came here to share your burger not talk about me," bhabhi joked from the door. I smiled while Asad went towards bhabhi and made her sit on one of the chairs.
"Yeah I came here for both," we all chuckled while Asad and I had our burgers.