Chapter 15: The Blunt and Annoying War God

Kyon POV:

My eyes snap open, and I stare at the ceiling of the Hermes cabin. So I'm guessing that was Morpheus' prophetic dream. Man, that was a roller coaster. Demigod dreams are much more one-track-minded. There were at least two different scenes there in the span of what was only a few seconds.

I throw the blanket off my legs and avoid hitting my head on the top bunk before creeping out of the cabin. Sitting down on the first stair, I put my head in my hands and try to make sense of whatever just happened.

The first scene was monsters battling a figure. If I were to guess, that would be the gladiator battle trial that Ares had set up. Meaning the figure was me. Unfortunately, that section of the dream did absolutely nothing to help me figure out the catch.

I mean, sure, it could be that it wasn't going to be a one-on-one fight or the fact that the audience was ghosts, but those seem extremely low on the pizzaz Ares can think up.

Ok, next scene, Equus cuffed to his bed. That part of the dream didn't make me feel any better. I assume that Equus wanted to be kept in a single spot for as long as possible, considering how fast Chaos said his seasons were changing.

So nothing helpful there besides giving me a heads-up on Equus' situation.

But then again, the second to last scene was of Equus in the camp infirmary. He didn't look to have any injuries when I saw him, but Will was rushing around as if he had a grievous injury. I cursed myself when I didn't pay more attention to what Will was muttering about.

Ok, so, in the near future, Equus will be in the camp infirmary. Chaos is going to have another thing coming if he lets Equus come down here. How do you even kill a primordial? I'll have to ask Malcolm for some books. I've got to be ready for when I see Chaos next.

Back on track, I can kill Chaos after the mission.

The last scene was the appearance of the Primordial of Reality, Thesis. In that part, Pollux ran out of the Big House. So the question is, why was Thesis there? Why was Pollux running out of the Big House? At least I have a little bit of information on what is going to happen soon.

Yea, soon. As in, I have no idea when these things are going to happen or the order.

I sigh and stand up, stretching. I walk over to the Big House and stand in the spot Thesis was in. Looking around, I notice the rising sun and sigh again at my earliness.

Walking towards the pavilion, I grab a plate that fills with breakfast items and, after sacrificing to the gods, eat quickly. I hear the sounds of slamming doors and finish my food.

I sit by the fireplace and watch as the demigods who wake the earliest move about.

"Hello Kyon," I hear a warm voice beside me, and I smile at her.

"Lady Hestia," I nod towards her. We sit in silence and watch as a few demigods come in for an early breakfast. They walk past us and sacrifice to the gods before returning to their cabins' table.

"Are you ready for today?" Hestia asks suddenly, and I shrug.

"Honestly, I'm not worried about the trial. What I'm worried about is the twist that Ares is going to add to the battle" Hestia nods silently, and I'm content with the silence. The tables fill up, and Chiron comes into the pavilion.

I watch as he walks up to the head table and waits patiently for the campers to quiet down.

"Campers. Today Ares has offered a trial for us to obtain the Shrine of Materialization. We have decided on a camper to undertake this trial, Kyon," Chiron announces, and the campers clap politely. Some Ares campers have a disappointed look on their faces as if they wanted to do the trial.