Silenced

Stacy's POV

After almost an hour running around and shoving people out of my way, I finally saw the Chief. She was standing in front of Marge's Tea, but she was talking to someone. I called Gabby right away, "She's at Marge's. We'll meet you here." I hung up as I approached them.

"Chief, where have you been? We were all worried about you." I ensured that my voice demanded an answer. "Around." She said coldy, not even looking at me. I haven't seen her like this.

"Miss, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Are you okay?" She told the girl that she was with. As she led me to stay behind her. This was very unusual of her.
"NO! I am not okay. You made me break my precious camera." The girl showed us both that the screen on the camera wasn't turning on. Who is she anyway?

"I can pay for your camera." The Chief replied to the girl. "Stacy?" She gestured for me to handle the situation. She walked past the mysterious girl and I, so that she could enter the shop. "Well?" I snapped out of my confusion.

"Okay, Miss?" Waiting for her to state her name. "Hofstetter." She said. "Miss Hofstetter, I can't process any cheques for you right now as we are in public. May you contact us and make an appointment, we will be more than happy to discuss your terms." I offered her my business card. "I need a replacement for this camera badly. This is a part of my life's work." She was hesitant to accept the card. "Miss Hofstetter, I suggest you make an appointment for tomorrow. I will wait for your call and confirmation of your arrival. I am sure the Chief would also like a few words with you." I sternly looked at her. As she accepted the card, I nodded and walked beside the Chief as I saw her walking out of the store holding her favorite kombucha.

We left the area and called Gabby, "Where are you?"
"I'm at Marge's. You said you'd wait for me here. Where are you?" She sounded breathless. "We'll meet you at the Chief's" I hung up. I paced with the Chief, I wanted to ask her why she left but she seemed really off. As we near the exit of the Mall, I wave at the valet to have the car prepped. As we entered the car, I finally noticed why she wasn't answering our calls, it was because she left it in the car. She drove us to her place. She was so silent the whole ride it worried me so I broke the silence.

"Chief, are you okay? You haven't ate anything and you're awfully quiet." I said not even expecting an answer.
After a few sighs and red lights she finally talked, "I guess I'm just hungry and very tired, Stace. We'll just order food online. I'm sorry for being rude, but can we please stop talking about this for now." And she kept silent the rest of the ride.