Lost in the Crowd

Gabriella's POV

My name is Gabriella Stewart. My family and friends call me Gabby. I'm a 21 year old, HMUA. I work for different celebrities on various occasions. I started to like make-up when I was 8 yrs old and I was discovered by a high paying make up company thru my youtube channel when I was 15. Since then, I have trained so hard and achieved a lot, even so I still strive to be one of the bests.

I was watching a movie at my sister's place, thinking whether or not I leave and drive around the city or just mess her place up, not even paying attention to the movie itself, when my phone rang and showed SSA as the Caller ID, I answered, "Hello?" and the woman at the other end said,

"Good Afternoon, Ms. Gabriella Stewart. This is Stacy Reed, Secretary to the CEO and Director of Stewart School of Arts. The Chief would like to invite you for brunch at the Café France located at the 2nd flr of the Zen Mall. Please be there within 30 mins as the Chief expects your presence. Looking forward to seeing you."

I laughed at how formal she sounded, so I replied: " 'kay. But how did you get my number?"

"As a secretary, I know how to reach people as instructed." She sounded proud.

"Alright, Ms. Secretary. Tell your Chief that I'll meet her there. I hope to see you there too." I told her then hung up. I turned of the cinema room and locked the house, hopped into my car and drove to the location. After a 15 minute drive, I arrived at the basement of the Mall. I struggled to get a space as there were so many cars parked in there, after driving around 3 times I finally found a place to park and rushed to the elevator to get to the restaurant's floor.

As I entered the Café, I was escorted to my sister's table. She wasn't there but the Secretary was so I asked, "Where's Kylie?" And she said, "The Chief just went to the washroom. Thank you for arriving on time, as the Chief doesn't want tardiness, Ms. Stewart." I got annoyed about the formality. "First of, I don't care about my sister's rules plus stop calling me Ms. Stewart. Stop all this formality and ease up Ms. Secretary. Just call me Gabby. Okay?" I exclaimed. "I apo- I'm sorry, Gabby. Please just call me, Stace." I nodded in approval.

As we waited for Kylie to get back, I didn't realize that I have been staring at Stace for quite sometime and noticed that she kept on looking down, so I reached for her chin in attempt to lift it up to see her face but to my surprise, she jumped and awkwardly walked away from our table and rushed to the women's washroom. After a few seconds she came out and ran back to our table and showed a worried face, "The Chief's gone."

"What?! What do you mean she's gone?" I exclaimed. "She's not in the washroom, Gabby." She said as she tried to call my sister thru her phone. I did the same but we both got no answer. "Do you know where she might've went?" I asked. "No. We have to find her." Her voice was shaking as she said those words. "Don't worry. My sister's old enough to roam around by herself." I told her but she was still trying to contact Kylie. "Here, let's walk around and find her." I grabbed her hand and lead her out of the Café. As we were running around the crowd, we still couldn't find her. "We should split up. Call me if you find her." I told her. She agreed and ran to the opposite direction.