Nostalgia

Kylie's POV

My hand was over hers and she slowly laced her fingers to mine. She was looking down but I saw her smiling. "Ready for dessert?" Dione yet again popped out if nowhere. Val pulled her hand away from mine in shock. I gritted my teeth at Dione who was smirking knowing that she interrupted something. I just rolled my eyes on her in defeat. She took our empty plates and placed 2 servings of Greek Rice Pudding in front of us. "These ones are on the house." She said and left.

"Please. Help yourself. You'll love it." I gestured to her dessert and she nodded. I started eating mine and as per usual, Dione doesn't disappoint. I looked at how Val was enjoying hers and I just thought how lucky I am to have met her. I would never regret the fact that I followed a damsel in distress in the first place.

I finished mine before she did hers but I realized that she had a bit of pudding on her cheek. "Val, you have something on your-" "What? Where?" She asked. "May I?" I didn't wait for an answer. I took a serviette from the side and moved closer to her.

Valerie's POV
She supported my chin, ever so softly with her left hand and wiped something off my left cheek, using the serviette that she was holding on her right. Our faces yet again were inches apart. I could smell the hit of lavender on her skin. Her hands were so gentle against my skin. I couldn't stop staring at her dreamy teal eyes. That I never wanted to see in a vulnerable color again.

"There. You're all good." She said and pulled away, she sat back on her seat and smiled at me. "Ready to go?" She asked. "Yeah, but I need to use the washroom first." I told her. "Okay, I'll meet you at the exit." I nodded in approval and left. As I entered the washroom, I went in front of a mirror to see how I looked. Damn. All this chivalry makes me have built in blush ons. "Come on cheeks, tone it down a little." I whispered to myself. Shit, I'm going crazy. I ran my fingers to my hair to fix it. Took one more look before I went out of the washroom.

I saw her at the exit waiting for me while she was talking to Dione. I couldn't help but hear what Dione was saying as I approached, "Keep her, Kyle. It's been a while since I saw you happy like this." She saw me walking towards them. "Valerie, it's a pleasure meeting you. Please take care of my lonesome friend. Hope to see you both back here soon." Kyle turned around, her eyes met mine. "Look forward to coming back here soon." I replied politely. "See, Kyle? She's a keeper." Dione mentioned. "I know." Kyle said as she continued to look at me.

"Thanks for having us, Dione. Goodbye." Kyle looked at her and hugged her goodbye. Kyle looked back at me, "Let's go." She offered to hold my hand. I hesitated at first still held hers. We left the restaurant. The valet already prepped the car for us. She helped me to my seat and she sat on the driver's. And we drove of to wherever she was taking me next.

Kylie's POV

It's still a little bit early in the night, we left Dione's at 7. We were driving around the city. "Do you want to go anywhere else?" I asked her. "Not that I know of besides, you're the one who asked me out. Where esle should we go?" I got caught off guard with her question, but the mere thought that she hints this as our first date and not just a one time thing made me want this night to last longer.

"I know exactly where to take you." I said. I drove to the nearest gas station. "And you decide to take me here?" She asked. "We're just buying something. Come with me?" I asked and she agreed. I opened my door and ran to her side as fast as I could but I guess we came out of the car at the same time. "You do know that I can open a car door too right?" She giggled. "I know, but all the best for you." I closed the door for her and locked the car. I laced my fingers into hers the way she did mine earlier at the restaurant. Then, we entered the gas station's convenience store.

Valerie's POV

What are we buying here anyway, "Want anything here? You can take whatever you want." She asked. She let go of my hand and she went off to get cheap coffee from a vending machine. "I could use some caffeine too." I said. She nodded. She got to the counter to pay for said coffee, "I'll also get a pack." I saw her buy a pack of cigarettes the same kind that I used to smoke before. I suddenly felt the urge to smoke again.

We walked out of the store and back to her car, we drove a few blocks away from the store and pulled over into an empty parking lot. She came out of her side and opened my door. "You can stay there or you can come out and drink coffee while standing. All up to you, Val." She said. "Okay." I came out of the car. She place her coffee on her car and opened the pack of cigarettes.

"Do you mind?" She asked. "No, not at all. I used to smoke the same kind before too." I told her. "I'm sorry for being a total bad influence." She said closing the pack. "No. You're good." I said. Before she placed the pack back to her pocket, I took it from her. Got a stick and placed it on my lips. She hesitated at first but then committed to offering to light it for me and I allowed her to. It's been a while since I hit one but the coffee partnered with this cigarette was an unhealthy aesthetic that made the night with Kyle even more interesting.
=====================================
Hello Euphoric People,

A friendly reminder: "Cigarette Smoking is Dangerous to your Health and May Cause Death from Cancer and Other Diseases."

We might only have a few more chapters for Val and Kyle. On the next chapters, I may or may not include adult content. 🤔🤫 Thank you for reading another ten chapters. Feel free to share this story to your friends.

Fun fact: Most of my real life crushes and friends smoke cigarettes and/or use vape. So maybe that's why I thought Val and Kyle could do so too.

with love and euphoria,
-Ey ⚘