•62: Foes or Allies?•

Side Story 2

"Wh-what?"The boy asked in surprise. Shinko just sat next to him and saw his drawings on the snow.

It was beautiful. Very well detailed at least. For a child like him, it was incredible. Shinko was aware of that but then, he was also aware of what it means.

"Did your mother die?" Shinko questioned back to the boy and he just look down.

"It's none of your concern." The boy replied then he stood up and bumped his shoulder onto Shinko's shoulder.

Shinko smiled and murmured to himself "I hope he's not boring."

They both went in, all eyes were staring at them. As if they were celebrities or some sort of.. powerful beings. Shinko was very uncomfortable that's why he quickly went in the crowds and stayed behind Asher. Hiding within his shadows.

The boy stayed in the middle wandering his eyes around. But then when he met Shinko's, it glued together like an inseparable blades of scissors.

The boy flinched his fist and furrowed his brows while a man approached him "Well.. well.. a new sacrificial lamb, may I know your name?"

"Phillip.. Phillip Shiota." The boy answered and the man smiled.

He put his arms around Phillip's shoulders and gracefully faced the crowd "Wonderful! Everyone! This is Phillip! The new sacrificial lamb!"

Everyone applaud except for Shinko, Asher and his children. They just stared at him.... examining.

Not until Asher steps up and raise his hand. "I'll take him in my division!"

The man glanced back and forth to Asher and Phillip then he asked "Reason?"

"Well you see.." Asher walked towards to them and leaned closer to that man ".. I'm good at taking of the kids, am I right?"

The man smiled and immediately let go of Phillip. Asher took his arms and brought him back to their respective place.

"Looks like Dad has a new favorite child" Quarise whispered to Shinko and Shinko just smiled at her.

"Then have fun chasing for that role. Show them how try hard you are." Shinko replied which made her a little furious.

She raises her hand and she is about to slap Shinko but then Phonoi stops her by grabbing her wrist. "This isn't a place for a little slapping completion, Quarise."

Quarise just rolled her eyes and looked away while Asher arrived at their spot holding Phillip's arm.

"We're going back to the chambers." Asher ordered and they were all stunned.

"Already?" Quarise asked in surprise.

Asher just walked away and let them followed him.

Shinko stared at Phillip and whispered "Look at you, new puppet. Nice to have a company here."

"What?" Phillip asked to him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Nothing." He answered and they head back to the chambers.

There, they rested in their own beds. Asher just stood in the front and watching them. Karma and Cherri always sleep together that's why there's an extra bed, next to Shinko.

"Sleep there.." Asher pointed that bed and Phillip just slowly walked toward to it.

He sat awkwardly and Asher explained "This is just temporary you know that. We will leave this place tomorrow and stay in the different area. The training will be held on Tuesday." Then he left.

Quarise stood up and grabbed Phillip by his collar. But then Phillip reacted and grabbed her arm then tried to twist it. Quarise screamed in pain as she tried to get out of his grip.

Phonoi was amazed and stood up to cheer Phillip up "Finally! A worthy opponent! A battle will be legendary!"

Shinko smiled and looked away "he's not boring." He mumbled to himself.

Cherri and Karma panicked and Cherri hugged Karma. Alexia was shocked as well and she tried to help Quarise. But then she failed.

"I was literally not looking for only three seconds..." Asher said that made Phillip let go of Quarise.

Quarise fall on the ground and stumbled. Alexia tried to help her but she just pushed her away.

"You guys need to calm down. I will not have enough people if my underlings are keep battling against one another to death!" Asher furiously shouted at them and they couldn't respond.

For one last moment, he glared at them and spoke "You better watch your asses or I, myself will vanished you from this organization."

They didn't respond and Asher slammed the door. Quarise glared at Phillip and she was about to speak but Shinko interrupted her.

"Don't blame others, Quarise. Shinko's kinda tired of that shit." He said and Quarise titled her head.

She smirked and asked "Since when you talk in third person?"

"Since Shinko beat you to death." Shinko jokingly replied and Quarise's eyes widened.

She just went in her bed and lay down whilst the others fix their weapons.

Phillip on the other hand, approached Shinko and asked "You are the one who approached me in the middle of the snow, right?"

"Yes, why?" He questioned back and Phillip sat next to him on Shinko's bed.

"How did you know about meaning of the song?" Phillip's eyes widened as if he was a toddler seeing a pleasant gift.

"Asher told me." He replied and this time he glanced back at Phillip.

"Oh.." Phillip looked away and sighed "Sorry about that.. earlier.. this day.. I was told that I shouldn't trust strangers."

"So did Asher... he also told me the same thing." Shinko replied and Phillip smiled.

"That old guy? He looks mischievous." Phillip jokingly whispered to Shinko.

"Yeah he is.." Shinko said then he added "Why are you talking to me? Did you just violated what they told you?"

"Well you also violated it by approaching me in the middle of the snow." Phillip replied.

"Well... in that case.. we are even." Then Phillip glanced back at Shinko and their eyes finally met.

"Your eyes are mesmerizing.. you know that?" Phillip asked and Shinko smiled.

"No one told me about that. Why you're so comfortable.. ?..I mean.  You sounds comfortable." Shinko asked.

"Well.. you kinda... it feels like you are a person that can be trusted."

"Is that so? Well to be honest, I'm the opposite."

"Well in that case.. let's just say my mind are full of.. bad things.. and a little twisted."

"Mine too.. very twisted."