•06-Like in The Shining•

°Inside of the old abandon house°

Toast sighs as he slowly put down Sykkuno on the table. Yes, on the top of the table. It is an office table, made of Narra wood and nothing else. Toast is questioning to himself why-

"Toast?" Sykkuno asked in pain then he continued "Why are we here exactly?"

"Just go with the flow." Toast said as he blankly stared at the wound then he sighed and asked "Now, what should I do?"

"Wha- uuuh ouchie." Sykkuno said as he tried to move his wounded foot.

Toast sighed and said "You know it will be better if I am the injured one here, not you."

Sykkuno's reddened so bright that made Toast continued his statement, ".. don't get the wrong idea. It's not like I love you or something."

Is he being a Tsundere or he's just telling the truth? Sykkuno asked to himself as he ignored the pain because of that bloody wound.

"Ok, what should I do?" Toast asked again as he opened the gigantous suitcase from before.

Sykkuno took a heavy breathe and explained "First, clean the blood. Second, apply that and lastly put the bandages around from my ankle to my foot."

Toast give him a very confuse look and asked "Which one is which and what's the that thingy?"

"My wound isn't that deep so that-" he pointed at the bottle which Toast had no idea what was that "will be so helpful."

Toast just put the suitcase next to him and told to him "I might break your whole leg if you let me this nurse's stuffs."

"Uuuh, you won't assist me?" Sykkuno asked as he tried not to blush.

"It depends on you." Toast said as if he was a chillin healer waiting to be summoned.

"Well it-" Toast interrupts Sykkuno again by saying "Nah it is probably not a good idea." Then he just glanced at the window like he was embarrass or something.

Sykkuno just smile thinking Toast is very cute when he's acting sus.. I mean.. tough. He pick up everything he needs in the suitcase and starts to treat himself. Even though it's hard, he still manage to do it for Toast.

After a few minutes of silence, Toast suddenly spoke "You know, Sykkuno. You are kinda beautiful sometimes. What I mean is, it feels like You are an angel."

Sykkuno's heart beats become fast again and all of sudden, he feels butterflies in his stomach.

Toast then asked in a very serious tone "What kind of friendship you had with Rae?"

"A peaceful one.. I guess." Sykkuno replied with a little of unsure tone in his voice.

"That's so-" a loud noise of gunshots was heard from very far distance.

Toast and Sykkuno were both surprised by this and it was followed by a not so noisy stampede. Toast sighed as he looked around as if he was searching for something. Then he opened the secret door that was located beside of the bookshelves.  It looked like a bookshelf too but it was a door. Toast helped Sykkuno and he also grabbed the suitcase. They entered the secret door and once they were inside, Toast closed the door.

He hand over the suitcase to Sykkuno and said "Wait here, I'll go and find something that will help us."

"Wait.. where are you going? There are bad guys outside. It's dangerous, Toast. And what exactly are you looking for?" Sykkuno asked with a worried tone.

Toast stopped for a moment and explained. "If Rae knew all along that she was gonna die, she might left some clues. This is the only that she can put something important to hide becuase the overall design and structure of this house is like a maze. If you're a stranger here, you won't find our rooms or the way out. This was built intentionally like that."

"Wha- WHAT? That's crazy and genius at the same time." Sykkuno said in amusement.

Toast just ignored that and walked away while saying "Stay here, I know the way. Don't be fooled by them."

"What do you mean?" Sykkuno asked to Toast will trying to get hold of himself.

"Just take care, ok? And trust me, we'll get in the bottom of this." Toast answered then he made a dramatic exit as he walked away from Sykkuno.

Sykkuno just sat on the floor and patiently waited for Toast like a good boi. Toast just run and run and continue on running until he reach his destination, Valkyrae's old room. The nostalgia, man. This is why we  call this house of memories. Toast said in his mind. He just looked around and saw everything Valkyrae worked hard for. Then he saw a gap between those cabinets.

"Come on, how many secrets we had in here?" Toast asked to himself as he took a little peek on the gap.

He saw nothing at first that's why he tried to opened it by force but he failed miserably. Then he looked around again and tried to find something that will open the door. A secret code, no.. more like a large puzzle hidden in a plain sight. He overthink the whole puzzle and grabbed everything suspicious thing he saw but he failed again. A few moments later, he notice something on the floor. Very suspicious thing under the carpet. He lifted up the carpet and saw a missing tile. Inside of that missing tile is like a hole with a note in it.

"I was in Lily's right
I can be grand or upright
I have hammers, strings and pedals
My pleasant sounds were like flower' s petals

WHAT AM I? "

Toast read that note out loud to the point that he furrowed his eyes in confusion.

"What does this means?" He asked to himself but unexpectedly he heard someone behind him.

"That's a riddle, Mister." A woman in a mask said while walking towards to Toast.

She is wearing a very long yellow dress and she has a small bagback. You can see her eyes in the mask and that gives off a very good feeling. What I mean is a very feeling that she won't you or somewhat can't even harm you.

Toast quickly faced her and questioned "Are you one of them?"

The woman cheerfully replied a question instead of an answer "What exactly do you mean 'one of them', Mister?"