•19: When the past affects the future•

☆Bless Roll Cafe☆

Toast entered the cafe and immediately said to the cashier "Kein, stop playing games and give me a cup of coffee."

"Oh what's with the rush?" Kein asked while putting down his Nintendo switch and preparing coffee for him.

"It's odd to see the cafe being empty." Toast said as he sat down near in the cashier.

Then someone suddenly opened the door and asked to Toast calmly "What do you mean 'I need backup'?" While breathing heavily.

"Lunaria.." Toast called her name "Where's the journal?"

"Here." Lunaria said then she gave the notebook that she was holding when she came in and asked once again "What do you mean 'I need backup'?"

"It means I need Su Ming." Toast replied then he immediately added "I need your help."

"C'mon, we always help you. Like they always said 'Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support You.' Like us your friends." Kein said as he gave the coffee to Toast with a smile.

"Did Micheal saw your face?" Toast asked to Kein then Kein smiled brighter.

He looked down and laughed a little "Of course not, he didn't saw me."

•Flashback but in Toast's Perspective•

Something unexpected happened, a little out of a blue thing. There's a sound receiver in my pocket, they will hear everything. The impostor is a part of an organization, of course he will have an accomplices.

1 day after Valkyrae died, I already investigate all of them including Sykkuno. For days, i had suspicion to Sykkuno. Well, he admitted it so I know its not him. But it will very helpful if I know every cafe that he went was that interesting thingy. Sykkuno only go to one specific cafe every single time. That's why I called my old friends.

Su Ming and Kein applied to be their barista and it works. Su Ming was working that time and also listening through something like airpod thingy. The plan is Kein will get the journal before the accomplices of the imposter does and if he succeed, he will meet Lunaria somewhere and gave it to her.

It works, as Micheal Reeves said 'As long as it works, its fine.' But then something unexpected happened. I didn't expect this case will be related to the case that happened when I was 10.

▪Back to the Present▪

"The journal doesn't really say much." Lunaria said as she made a sign looked at Kein to gave her a coffee. Thankfully Kein understood it.

"But the thing is... my comrades theorized that this case is connected to the case 18 years ago." Toast said to Lunaria as Kein gave her the coffee.

"18 years ago? You mean the riverhead massacre?" Lunaria asked as she furrowed her brows.

"Yes, we all once lived in that place remember?" Toast questioned back then he took a little sip.

"Yeah I remember that time the police said that they found left toenails of each of the bodies in the basement but then.. there's one specific left toenail in that thing that was belong to the killer. They didn't found the body of it and just believed that it was belong to the last victim that the killer kidnapped. Yet the body of the last victim was never found." Lunaria said in a calm tone.

Toast sighed and said "Well I know for the fact that I am th-" a phone call interrupted them.

Toast answered it and put in a loud speaker mode "TOAST?" The voice of Neytiri said in the phone.

"Yes?" Toast answered while looking at the both of them.

"Where are you?" Neytiri asked in a worried tone.

"Somewhere.. why?" Toast asked to Neytiri and Neytiri just gulped.

"Out of the five victims, three of them had a barcode." Neytiri replied in a dramatic tone.

Toast's eyes widened as he questioned her "Are there missing toenails?"

"Yes, all of them. The right ones." Neytiri replied then she added "I hope that you know what I mean by that. Is this really connected to the case that happened 18 years ago?"

"Why are you asking me that?" Toast asked back and Kein just made a coffee for himself.

"Well... you're the best detective here. I mean perhaps you'll know.. kinda.. I lost my words." Neytiri said in a serious tone.

"I'll call you later." Toast said then he hanged up the phone and glanced at Lunaria.

"Was it you?" She asked to Toast.

Toast gulped and replied "No, I didn't...."

《SOMEWHERE》

"Sykkuno!" A voice called and Sykkuno quickly glanced at the direction where it came from.

It sounds familiar.. very familiar. It seems like he knows the speaker very well. It seems like he heard it somewhere. Then suddenly, someone grabbed his arm from the opposite direction. He gasped almost fell down as he looked at the face of the voice.

It was Rae. "How ya doin?"

Sykkuno immediately panicked and said "Wassup homie..?." Then he force to smile and added "what's cookin?"

Rae made a cringing face and remained silence.

Sykkuno looked down in shame and humiliation then he said "I-I am s-so sorry."

"You're always sorry. That's very bad." Rae said as she patted him.

Sykkuno sighed and uttered "I-I am so sorry.. for accidentally.. p-putting the.. w-wrong dosage.." Then he rest his head to her shoulder and cried.

"What a crybaby." Rae said then she continued on patting him in the back "you didn't kill me, that's for sure.."

"Wh-what??" Sykkuno said as he raised his head and stared at Rae's eyes..

"Believe in yourself." Rae says then suddenly someone shakes Sykkuno and shouts at him "Sykkuno! WAKE up!" In a deep voice.

"Aaah!" Sykkuno shouted as he lifted his body and opened his eyes.

"You're a sleep talker." Corpse said while looking at him worriedly.

"I-I am so.. sorry." Sykkuno replied to Corpse and Corpse just smiled.

Then Sun ah raised her head and asked "Are you okay.., Uncle Sykkuno?"