•13: INVESTIGATION AGAIN!?•

《Yes, they are still in the house》

"So, Toast should I bring umm.. well Corpse is offering me his extra coat and a hat for me." Sykkuno said as he fixed the bandages in his foot.

"Yes, bring it." Toast said as he picked up his small little bag and left before Sykkuno.

Then Corpse came in and checked on Sykkuno "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes.. I need to know.. about Rae... she's my bestfriend." Sykkuno said in a sad tone.

Then Corpse touched one of his shoulder and said "Just be careful, okay?"

"Thanks, Corpse. You're a great friend." Sykkuno said that completely broke Corpse's heart.

Then he smiled and asked "Can i-i go now?"

Corpse just nodded and Sykkuno left. What a mess.. I hope their relationship works out in the future..

Sykkuno just slowly walked from the room to the entrance of the house. Everyone is just looking at him suspiciously then Poki approach him

"Watch Toast, Sykkuno." She whispered then she stepped away from Sykkuno and Sykkuno just looked at her with confusion.

Then Sykkuno saw Toast and walked towards to him. They got in the car silently and Sykkuno was in passenger's seat. Yes, Toast was the driver. But then Sykkuno was thinking why would she say that to me? He asked to himself as he blankly stared to the floor of the car.

Toast leaned closer to him, an inch away from his face. Sykkuno instantly felt his warm breathe and looked at him. They almost kissed and Sykkuno's face reddened. His heart pumped so fast.. again and he almost panic. But then Toast grabbed something from Sykkuno's back and it was the seatbelt.

"Safety first." Toast said then he quickly back away as soon as he reached the seatbelt.

Sykkuno gulped and said"Umm.. about.. Corpse.. I think.. he likes.. me, Toast.."

"Sykkuno, focus on the investigation. You're the only one i can trust here so you must concentrate." Toast said coldly as he started the engine.

"Oh... o-okay.." Sykkuno said in a very sad tone.

Then then drove away from the house...yey!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FBI Headquarters.

As soon as Toast openedthe front door of the building, he attracted almost all of the attention of the people there. All eyes are on him that made Sykkuno very conscious. All of their gazes followed Toast as he walked through the entrance. It seems like he's pretty famous here.

Sykkuno brought his big bag with Corpse's hat and coat in it as Toast ordered him. Toast didn't even need a security entrance. They just went in. While they are walking towards to Toast's boss's office, Ninja sees them.

"Hey~ my current teammate that works alone!" He shouted in a very friendly way as he approached them.

"Oh.. they haven't fired you?" Toast asked with annoyance.

"Sadly no." Ninja said then he looked at Sykkuno from head to toe and asked "Who is this, pretty boy?"

"He's single but cannot be taken, Ninja." Toast said in a serious tone.

"Oh.. don't mind if I~" Ninja stopped himself and just smiled.

Toast then saw Neytiri and he shouted "HEY! Neytiri come over here and control Ninja!"

Neytiri came over to where Toast was and greeted him "Hello, Toast. Long time no talk. Sykkuno...what are you doing here?"

"Umm..." Sykkuno said awkwardly as he tried to be in Toast's back.

"He's my new partner, remember Rae's case? I took that and now i got myself a partner." Toast explained to her and she just nodded.

"Okay then... I'll take care of Sykkuno and you can go, talk to the Chief." Neytiri said with a smile and Toast left.

Neytiri and Ninja just looked at Sykkuno and Ninja asked "Are you his boyfriend?"

"C'mon, Ninja. I've known them for years, he's just a mutual friend." Neytiri answered him instead of Sykkuno but then she asked "Does he cares about you? Becuase to us, not really."

"I just think he's a Tsundere." Sykkuno said shyly.

"Oh it sounds like you are gaining a lot of confidence nowadays." Neytiri jokingly said to Sykkuno.

"Oh...uhh.. maybe?" Sykkuno awkwardly replied then Ninja asked him "What happened to your foot?"

"Its.. nothing.. important.." Sykkuno answered as he looked down.

"Toast will just come back in a short period of time, do you want to sit down?" Neytiri asked to Sykkuno as she hold his arms.

"Umm... thanks.." Sykkuno replied shyly then Neytiri guide him and assisted him as they walked towards to the bench.

Then once they've reach it, they sit down and both of them are now in the both sides of Sykkuno.

"May I ask, why Toast is now working alone? Instead of working with you guys?" Sykkuno asked as he held both of his arms together.

"Well there's a lot of reasons." Neytiri said then Ninja continued it "First, he has a lot of trust issues and doesn't trust us. Thats why he prefers to work alone. It really bothers me when he said that you are his partner becuase he doesn't usually work with someone."

"And there's a lot of cases with the same situation like this, we can't just focus on one case while ignoring the others. We are connecting it to figure out what happened and which organization was behind all of this." Neytiri explained to him in a formal manner.

"Same situation? Organization?" Sykkuno asked as he stared at the both of them back and forth.

"Yeah.. its like a mafia or something. We still can't figure out what intentions they had but one thing is for sure, they will kill anyone who knows about them." Neytiri replied to Sykkuno and Sykkuno's jaw almost dropped.

"Is that why they killed Rae?" Sykkuno asked to her and she just looked down.

"Maybe." Then she raised her head again and said in a sad tone "Look, Sykkuno. I'm so sorry about what happened to Rae. We can figure this out and you're in good hands of Toast. He can protect you and he's one of the most trusted and most brilliant detective of FBI."