Chapter 21

Y/N POV:

My morning classes went by quickly, but I kept having to force myself to focus on the topic. My mind kept straying to Jimin and his behavior this morning. He was way more snuggly and loving than usual and it was doing strange things to my heart. There was something so strong pulling me to him, much stronger than it had ever been with Jackson.

Over the past couple days, my mind had kept wandering to my cheating husband. I had questioned my feelings for him since they seemed so dull in comparison to the strength of the feelings I had for Jimin. Feelings that had always been there bubbling under the surface, but were now aching to explode like a long dormant volcano in need of a vicious release. I didn't know how much longer I would be able to hold out.

Thinking of my feelings made me remember when Jimin dated his first girlfriend and how jealous I had been, although I had forced myself to hide it from everyone, especially Jimin. She was beautiful, sweet, and could have been the perfect girl for him, but they didn't last long. A couple of months at the most. When I asked Jimin why, he just said she wasn't the one. I was happier than I wanted to admit when they broke up. We had agreed that we wouldn't date each other and it was an agreement I had regretted ever since.

I sat in the café, sipping a cup of coffee when my phone went off. I had finally turned it back on this morning after maintaining radio silence for the last three days. I had been flooded with calls and text messages from all of mine and Jimin's friends, but they had tapered off, so I'm assuming Jimin updated them on the situation and I was once again grateful to the sweet man who always came in to save me.

I looked down and rolled my eyes, seeing a text from Jackson. He had sent over a hundred messages over the last three days, begging me to come home, but I ignored them all. I had no interest in seeing him or hearing anything he had to say. I had no interest in being part of their little family, pretending that my cheating husband hadn't gotten another woman pregnant.

Jimin had seemed surprised at my reaction to the whole situation. I was more upset about our strained friendship than the fact that Jackson had gotten his mistress pregnant. I kept asking myself what that meant.

My phone buzzed again, but this time with an incoming call. I rolled my eyes and went to check then smiled when I saw the contact name. I pressed the green button to connect and held the phone up to my ear. "Hey Jiminie," I said, the happiness evident in my voice at hearing from him. "Aren't you supposed to be working?"

"Wow baby," Jimin replied, a fake pout in his voice. "I thought you'd be happy to hear my voice."

I giggled at his dramatic response. "You know I'm always happy to hear your voice. It's my favorite sound in the world," I replied.

"That's much better," he retorted, his voice smug. I knew he must be running a hand through that silky hair the way he did when he was haughty about something. "JK wants to know if we want to meet him and the rest of the guys for dinner tonight. They want to try out some new restaurant."

"Oh," I said, the disappointment clear in my voice. I had been looking forward to spending the evening with him, but I didn't want to take him away from his friends. "You should go. I... I don't want to intrude."

Jimin laughed on the other end of the phone. "No baby. JK's words were 'why don't you and your girl come out tonight with us?' So they want you to come too. It's been a while since we all hung out together," Jimin replied.

My heart stuttered a little at being called Jimin's girl, a title I had always wanted. "Are you sure?" I asked, wanting so bad to spend the time with him, but not wanting to feel out of place.