Chapter 6

Jimin:

I popped the top off of my second beer, took a long drink, and plopped down onto the couch. My head hurt from the thoughts racing through my unsettled mind. My heart burned at the thought of Y/N with Jackson. Jackson used to be a good guy, he really did. However, the idea that he was cheating on my beautiful best friend cut me to the core. I just didn't understand how he could deceive someone as beautiful and loving as her. To me, she was an angel. Someone that was too perfect for the mere mortals of this world. Jackson surely didn't deserve her, but did I? I knew deep down that I would pamper her and adore. Give her all the things she wanted just to see that beautiful smile cross her pretty face. Do anything to hear that musical laugh that lit up the room and caused my heart to feel like it was going to pound out of my chest.

I took another swig of my beer just as my phone rang. I looked down at the caller and rolled my eyes. She was not the person I wanted to deal with tonight.

"What do you want Soren?" I asked by way of greeting.

"Wow. Nice to hear from you too Jiminie," she said hotly.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't call me that," I replied. "But again, what do you want?"

I heard a sigh come from the other end of the line. "I miss you," she said softly, the attitude gone from her voice.

I ran a hand down my face before replying. "Look Soren. I don't know what you want me to say," I said tiredly.

"Why can't we try again?" she asked. "I love you Jimin. I want to be with you."

My chest tightened at her words. For over a year, I had truly believed myself to be in love with her. Her reaction to the breakup had dissolved any feelings I had left for her. "I'm sorry, but I just don't feel the same way," I replied.

The change in her voice was instantaneous. "It's all because of that little slut. You just can't get over her," Soren snarled into the phone.

"Don't call her that," I growled. "Better yet, don't call me again." I ended the call and threw the phone down next to me.

It rang again almost instantly. I answered it without looking at the caller. "What don't you understand? I said I don't love you," I shouted into the phone.

"Damn Jiminie. I thought we were closer than that," Jungkook said into the phone, his voice filled with fake sadness.

I rolled my eyes at his words. "Sorry JK. I thought you were Soren," I said wryly.

"That bitch still calls you?" Jungkook asked.

I laughed at his words. "Yeah sometimes. She was talking about how she misses me and still loves me," I replied.

"Don't get back into that. Please. She was toxic in every sense of the word," Jungkook pleaded.

"Trust me. Definitely not planning on diving back into that rat trap," I barked out. "I want nothing to do with her."

"That's good. However, your psycho ex isn't the reason I called. Jae was out this afternoon and saw my secretary. She was in a pharmacy down the street from the house," Jungkook said, the remorse evident in his voice.

Why would I care that his secretary was seen in a pharmacy? What does that have to do... My heart dropped at the realization. It could only mean one thing. "Was she buying...?" I let my words trail off.

"Yeah Jiminie, she was," Jungkook replied sadly.

"What do I do?" I asked. "If Y/N were to find this out, the news would absolutely devastate her."