Chapter 7

Y/N:

I woke up the next morning, deliciously sore and snuggled in Jackson's embrace. It had been a week since we had been intimate and I was definitely feeling it now. I looked at the clock and saw it was almost 9. Jimin would be picking me up in an hour.

"Babe," I said, running my fingers through his hair. "What time are you meeting your mom?"

Jackson opened his eyes and looked at me blankly for a moment before his eyes cleared. "Ummm... about noon, I think," he mumbled.

"Okay. I'm going to take a quick shower. Jimin is picking me up in an hour. He wanted to have breakfast this morning," I said, getting out of bed.

Jackson's eyes narrowed, but he sighed and said nothing. I know he didn't love me hanging out with Jimin, but he was my best friend and I didn't want to lose my friendship with him.

I took a quick shower, scrubbing down with my favorite coconut scented body wash. I washed and conditioned my hair, before squeezing the excess water out as I turned off the shower. I grabbed a fluffy purple towel and dried off and went back into the bedroom, wrapping the towel around me.

I smiled at the sight of Jackson still sleeping. As I leaned over to kiss his cheek, I heard Jackson's phone ding with a text notification. I looked over at the brightly lit phone and my mouth dropped in horror at what I saw.

Sexy:

Bought this for you

Bought this for you

Can't wait to see you this afternoon

I knew that tattoo. I went with her to get it. I held her hand as the tattoo artist inked her body, laughing at the outrageous flirting he was doing with her. I looked at the photo for a moment not wanting to believe what I was seeing.

I dropped the phone on Jackson's chest, startling him out of his sleep. "Want to explain this to me?" I asked, trying to keep my voice calm. Maybe he was going to tell me that she sent it to him by accident. That her name in his phone wasn't Sexy. That this was all a misunderstanding.

Jackson rubbed the sleep from his eyes before sitting up and looking at the text notification. His eyes widened at the photo, but then closed. The guilt on his face was evident. This was exactly what it appeared to be.

"I can explain," Jackson said, his voice tight as he opened his eyes.

"Explain how? That you're having an affair with my closest friend? That three years of marriage means nothing to you? Explain what Jackson? I'd really like to know," I said angrily, my eyes filling with tears.

"It's not what you think," he said, climbing out of bed and reaching out a hand to me.

I flinched and moved away, turning to my dresser to grab clothes. I dropped the towel and yanked the clothes over my body, refusing to let the tears fall and my eyes started to burn. "How can it not be what I think?" I remembered the conversation from yesterday at the spa. Things began to fall into place. A new boyfriend that she doesn't want me to meet. The hickey on her neck that she didn't know I noticed. "She was talking about you," I said, the tears finally falling from my eyes. "Yesterday at the spa, she told me she had a boyfriend. She was talking about you," I repeated.