Chapter 38

Y/N POV:

Looking down at the stack of papers in front of me, I sighed as I read the last one. I had stayed behind at the university to grade papers since Jimin had a late dance class in the studio, taking one from Hoseok since he wanted to go on a date with Yoongi. It was his adult class so Jimin had no problem doing it. I laughed when he said he didn't mind teaching dance moves to a room of middle-aged moms, but stayed away from the young adult class. Too many girls had tried to flirt with him and by his explanations, he was done with them.

A buzzing sound came from my phone and I looked down, expecting to see Jimin but the name that popped up was completely unexpected.

Rose:

I know you hate me right now

But can we meet?

5:13 PM

Me:

I really have nothing to say to you.

5:15 PM

Rose:

Please

5:15 PM

I hesitated, not wanting to meet with her, but knowing I needed the closure from our destroyed friendship.

Me:

Fine

Meet me at the coffee shop near the university in 20

5:19 PM

Rose:

Thank you!

5:20 PM

After slipping my phone in my bag, I clipped the papers together then stuck them in my desk drawer, making a note to input their scores in the morning. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I headed out of the university and towards my car. I drove the short distance to the coffee shop, wondering just what Rose wanted to talk to me about. I pulled into the parking lot and got of my car.

A familiar head of dark hair was seated at a table by the window and she raised her hand in a tentative wave as I came in. Before joining her, I ordered a vanilla latte at the counter, not just for the caffeine but also because I needed to hold on to something. I sat down across from her and waited for her to speak.

"Um... thanks for coming. I... I know you must hate me, but I also needed to see you. I... I needed to clear the air with you." Rose's voice was soft and her face was pink in embarrassment. I said nothing and waited for her to continue. "First of all, I'm... I'm sorry. Sorry for getting involved with Jackson in the first place. Sorry for this. Sorry for ruining our... our friendship."

"Why? Why did you do it?" Although I was over the whole situation, over the lies and deceit, I needed to know.

"I... I fell in love with him. When he first came into the office after I started working for Mr. Jeon, he was so handsome and so polite. He would talk nicely to me and be kind. No... no man ever really was like that with me." Rose's eyes were sad and she stopped, taking in a deep breath. "I... I thought he loved me too."

For a moment, I felt pity for the woman in front of me. I knew what it was like to be so in love with a man who didn't, or at least believed he didn't, feel the same. It was heart wrenching and devastating to say the least. "How... how come you didn't tell me?"

Rose let out a snort. "What was I supposed to say? Sorry Y/N but I'm in love with your husband?" She shook her head in disbelief. "Yeah. No thanks."