Subplot - Vert's plan

(Y/N) POV:

Vert guided me to her room where she gave me a controller and patted the seat next to her.

(Y/N): Up for a game huh?

Vert: If you think you can handle it. Though let's add a rule~

(Y/N): What would that be?

Vert: Whoever loses a round has to remove a piece of clothing *stares with lust*

(Y/N): I'll pass on that one.

Vert: Very well... we'll play normally for now~

(Y/N): So what's the game?

Vert: Mortal Kombat.

(Y/N): Alright, *spins controller in hand* let's get this show started.

Vert: Better not underestimate me.

Timeskip

Me and Vert chose our character and we began fighting. Due to having experiences with faster enemies, the characters seem slow to me.

(Y/N): You were right. Underestimating you was a big mistake

Vert: *staring in disbelief in (Y/N) skills*

After a while I got the finisher blow. Vert had a shocked look on her face.

Vert: What in the world were those combos!

(Y/N): In all honesty... these characters are extremely slow.

Vert: *mouth wide open* This is slow in your vision!

(Y/N): *shrugs* Though even for a game where the characters are extremely slow to me, your skills of a gamer are incredible!

Vert: Really?

(Y/N): You were able to deplete my health bar to 1/4. Most people I fight can't even lay a scratch. Underestiming you was the biggest mistake I made during that fight.

Vert: *looks down with a smile but her face still look dissapointed*

(Y/N): *puts hand on Vert's cheek and looks at her eyes* Don't let failure knock you down, let it be your crutch to get stronger. Without failure, we wouldn't have anything to push us forward.

Vert: *blushing and feels better* Well... when you put it like that. I'll just have to improve my skills to beat you, then we can add that rule~

(Y/N) Thoughts: (Can't let her take off the coat!)

Timeskip

After a few more battles we decided to head out of the basilicom and look around the nation.

Vert: So what do you think of Leanbox?

(Y/N): This place looks fantastic. It has good scenery, lively people, and most of all a beautiful goddess to look after the place.

Vert: *giggles and wraps arms around (Y/N) arm* I bet you like it when this beautiful goddess gets close to you.

(Y/N): I prefer to have such a beauty *picks up Vert bride style* this close.