006.

BY THE TIME Diana had gotten home, it was nighttime and she was tired. So she grabbed a blood bag from the cooler downstairs took a shower and went to bed.

Diana woke up to the sound of the doppelganger's annoying voice. She was annoyed that she was there so early. She groaned and stumbled out of her bed and into her bathroom. After choosing an outfit for the day and brushing her hair into her natural waves, she skipped downstairs. She plopped onto the couch and scrolled through her business emails. Damon, Elena and Stefan strolled into the room not seeing her on the couch.

"What's going on?" she questioned seeing Rose following them.

They all jumped in surprise and Damon exclaimed, "You scared us."

Diana smirked in triumph, "It was my intention."

"You have pancakes in the fridge, Damon made them," Stefan said making Diana look at Damon suspiciously.

"Are they poisoned?" she questioned.

"No little sister, I made them because I love you," he replied with a roll of his eyes.

"Ah. This seems like bribry, for what I don't know yet, so tell me."

"Okay you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all the vampire crap, but I know Klaus is real," Rose began.

Diana groaned, "So this is what this is about, Nik," she exclaimed boredly causing her brothers to look at her strangely.

Rose and Elena ignored her, "Who is he," Elena asked.

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend," she replied.

"Like Elijah?"Elena questioned causing Diana to scoff.

"Please 'Lijah's the Easter bunny compared to Nik."

"She's right Klaus is a foot soldier, Klaus is the real deal" Rose added.

Diana zoned out of the conversation and thought about the said man. He betrayed her trust. He snapped her neck, temporarily killing her. How could a relationship possibly come back from that? Zoning back in she caught onto Stefan's last sentence.

"-For all we know he's just some stupid bedtime story,"

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus then you're an idiot" Rose said.

"Does that make me an idiot then," Diana said raising her eyebrows. She got up and stalked out of the house getting into her car to go to the grill.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

As Diana drowned herself in bourbon she thought about her friendship with the Originals and her relationship with Nik. She then thought about Katherine who was her best friend before she died. She decided she didn't want to hold grudges and wanted to make up with the older vampire. She got up paid and walked out.

As she trudged through the forest toward the tomb she regretted wearing heels and not changing them when she went home to get a blood bag. When she arrived she heard the voices of Stefan and Elena.

"Steffie, Helen, Kitty Kat," she greeted.

"What are you doing here," Elena asked confused.

"Even though it's none of your business Helen, I'll tell you," Diana said, she turned to Katherine, "I want us to be friends again." Katherine looked suspicious whilst Stefan and Elena looked at her like she was mad.

"What do I get out of a friendship with you," Katherine said rudely. Even though she won't admit it she missed Diana and her snide comments but as much as she missed it she knew Diana always had an ulterior motive.

"Well for one I'll help you get out of this horrible tomb because, honey, you and I both know you're absolutely starving," Diana started.

"What," Elena and Stefan shrieked in unison.

Ignoring them she continued, "And I'll protect you from Nik cause he kinda wants to kill you," she pouted.

"Fine," Katherine said smiling. Pulling the blood bag out of her handbag she threw it at Katherine who grabbed it hungrily.

"Drink up you're looking a little pale."

Elena decided to input her opinion, "How could you do this, she's a monster."

Diana drew a deep breath, "Listen doppelbitch. I don't like you. You're nothing but a carbon copy of something that would always be better. Excuse me for wanting to be re-unite with one of my best friends. I don't go around telling you who to be friends with."

"You're betraying your brothers for a girl that killed you," Elena argued. This made Stefan and Katherine's eyes widen. They both knew how she got when people questioned her loyalty to her brothers.

"How dare you question my loyalty to my brothers. I may have ulterior motives yes but loyalty is one thing I don't mess around with. Neither should you if you don't want me to hand you off to Nik myself," she warned. For the second time in two days, Elena saw Diana's glow a dangerous red. She let the girl go and Elena scrambled toward Stefan and they walked off continuing the argument Diana had interrupted.

"So, Kitty Kat what have you been up to all these years," Diana asked.

"Nothing much, travelling, running from Klaus," She replied with a shrug.

"Right yes, he's been chasing you for 500 years," Diana said bitterly.

"What's the matter," Katherine asked confused.

"Nothing," she said quickly

"I know when you're lying," Kat responded.

"It's just, you probably know this already but we got married."

"Yes."

"Then he daggered his siblings and became obsessed with finding you so we broke up," Diana said.

"I'm sorry, you still love him don't you?" Kat implored.

"No- yes -no, I hate him, I trusted him with my life, I trusted him with my heart and he broke it," she now had tears streaming down her face, "Loving someone should not be an internal battle between hate and love," she chuckled. Katherine looked at her sympathetically.

"It's easy to hate the idea of someone, it's harder to hate them face to face," Katherine said, "If you love him you'll forgive him one way or another Ana," Diana chuckled wiping her tears.

"When did you get so good at relationship advice."

Katherine shrugs, "500 years practice."

They spent the rest of the afternoon catching up and talking about their travels. When it was time for Diana to leave she promised to return the next day and bring the older vampire a blood bag. Upon arriving home she grimaced at the clear smell of sex and found her brother and Rose on the couch in the parlour, "You better throw that couch out," she said startling them.

"Very funny, go to bed," Damon sneered, "Love you," he said cheerily as if he hadn't been caught half-naked by his sister.

"Love you too Dames," she replied ignoring Rose, "And I'm serious about the couch, if I find it here tomorrow I'm going to kill you," she called walking away from him towards her room.