021.

THE TRIO had been driving for quite some time before Klaus finally stopped, "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Diana exited the car and immediately frowned as her hair went crazy. Nonetheless, she breathed in the air.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan questioned confused.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus stated with a smirk.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well, that's a crying shame. The details are what makes it a legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off-limits then, which made everything so much more fun," Klaus said reminiscing.

Diana remembered when they were in Chicago. Rebekah wasn't daggered and Diana and Klaus were still married. She was shocked to see her brother in the same city as her but she was happy he wasn't dead because they hadn't spoken in years.

"Chicago was magical," Klaus taunted.

The youngest Salvatore shrugged, "Yeah well I'll take your word for it. As I said, I don't remember most of it."

"Let's get down to business then," Klaus started walking before Stefan stopped him.

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean don't you want to move on?"

"Nik never moves on until he gets what he wants," Diana interjected patting him on the shoulder as she walked past him.

"We're going to see my favourite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

They came up to a bar. "Looks familiar doesn't it?"

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan breathed in shock as they entered.

A middle-aged woman was cleaning the counter when she heard the bell ring. She looked up to see who it was and her jaw dropped.

"You gotta be kidding me."

"So a hybrid walks into a bar and says to the bartender..."

The woman held up her hand stopping him, "You may be invincible but that doesn't make you funny."

"Finally someone knocked him down a peg. I've been doing that all summer but his ego still seems to grow." Diana smirked.

"I remember you," she pointed at Stefan, "And you, I want to talk to you later. Alone," she said looking at Diana who nodded.

"Yeah, you're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead? Now if I die who's going to run this place huh?" She laughed.

"Gloria's a very powerful witch," Klaus chimed.

"I can slow the ageing down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry it'll catch up with me one day."

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar," Klaus dismissed politely causing Diana to snort. It was funny watching her brothers annoyed expression.

He hesitated a bit, "Yeah sure thing," he caved before looking at his sister.

"Just bring me the whole bottle of bourbon," Diana shrugged taking a seat with Klaus and Gloria.

"You look ravishing by the way," Klaus commented causing Diana to glare at his head.

"Don't. Your mate's going to tear my head off. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids. No need for flattery. That kind of news travels." Gloria stopped him.