08 - Imagination's Strong

My ears perk at the rackety sound of keys in the door. I grow conscious of my surroundings and lower the book I was reading, staring at the doorknob as it rotated. 

Is it Naruto..?

Slow, it opened, revealing none other than Suigetsu. "Yo," He nodded with a grin, making his way towards me. I sigh in disappointment.
He took off his bag and casts it onto the floor next to the chair I was seated on. 
"Don't just barge into here like you own the place," I growl, opening back up the book I was reading. 

Just where is Naruto anyway?

"Oh come on, I do it all the time! No need to get pissy, Sasuke-teme." Suigetsu ridiculed, making a beeline towards the kitchen and opening the fridge. I roll my eyes at the 'teme' part and gaze over at his movement. "So, where's the blond kid?" He asked, closing the fridge with a look of displeasure. 

A bitter silence unsued. 

"Don't know, don't care." I lied about the last part. Truth is, Naruto hadn't come back since last night after he found out we were roommates. He didn't even step foot into the room. He just said 'oh' and then left. He didn't even come to school today.

I had concluded that he either went home due to disappointment that we have to live together or went home because he felt it was too late to unpack all of his things. It's not like he had anyplace else to go. 

"You aren't really convincing when your face says something else you know," He halted just as I glared at him. "Also why the hell is your fridge full of fruits and vegetables? You're abnormal! An absolute healthy freak! Blegh!" He began coughing and pretending to throw up while holding his abdomen and fake choking himself. 

I let out a small laugh at the sight. Suigetsu, was one of the only people who could get a laugh out of me. I have smiled occasionally while looking through my camera roll, but it doesn't count if I'm not smiling in front of him.

"You literally live off sardines and haring, you nasty mother fucker. You expect me to have fish in my fridge?" I joked. "Yes, yes! Precisely!" I just ignore him and toss the book I was reading onto the couch. Suddenly I'd lost interest in it.

I got up and walked over to grab my jacket and school bag, and then reached for my laptop and slid it inside. 

"You going somewhere or something?" Suigetsu turned to me, and then ran to grab his own bag. "I'm coming too!" He said, hooking his arm around my shoulder in a childish manner. "It's just walking. Why would you wanna tag along?" I glared at his arm and then slapped it off of my shoulder. 

I saw the pout on his face. "Hey, aren't we bros'? Bros' are supposed to hang out with their bros' and tell each other everything, bro." He snapped. I simply nodded and said sure, after that, speedwalking towards the front door mat and putting on my shoes. "Bring your phone because I won't be lending you mine," I informed. "Gotcha," he said, pulling out his phone and portable charger and waving it at me. I sigh.

I reach for the door and open it, only to be greeted by a nervous-looking Naruto Uzumaki with three suitcases on his sides. 

How long has he been--?

"Ohoho~ There he is! The one and only!" Suigetsu shoved me out of the way before I got to process the situation, grabbed Naruto's hand, and began shaking it aggressively. "Hey Naruto, I'm Suigetsu. Sasuke's best friend of 12 years. You and I haven't talked at all but since you guys are roommates,  that official makes me your friend whether you like it or not." He eventually let go and recoiled, once again swinging his arm around my shoulder and pulling me close.