26 - Gentle

PHOTOGRAPHER

CHAPTER 26: GENTLE

.

"Uh, I think they left," Suigetsu whispered. Sakura nodded. "Yeah... So does that mean the thingy worked?"

Suigetsu glanced at her. "I think so?"

The pinkette sighed. "Well, while that's going on, I have to go meet up with Tsunade-sama to help her prep for the Christmas and New years ceremony festival next week. Hah, the year's almost over already," she said, wiping her forehead with the back of her palm and exhaling.

"Oh right, we're having another festival," Suigetsu trailed off.

"Yup, and it's apparently gonna last for the entire school day, starting at eight am and ending at eleven pm. It'll be fun!"

"I agree, but I don't think Sasuke would. That guy hates festivals and public celebrations, and he definitely won't like seeing the girls all over his Naruto," Suigetsu complained.

Sakura nodded, placing a finger on her chin. "That's true... but what if we get Naruto to convince him? Sasuke can't just keep himself locked up in his room, studying all day. That's not really good for him, and it's boring," she said, tapping her foot on the ground.

"If Naruto can't magically convince him like he did last time, then I might just know someone who can!" Suigetsu remarked with a smirk. Sakura's eyes lit up. "Really? Who?"

"I won't tell you just yet," Suigetsu said, turning around. "I gotta go make a phone call right now. Go do your thing with Tsunade!" he said, running off.

Sakura stood there and glared at his back. "Fine then. I'll just convince Sasuke by myself."

.

THE DORM

Naruto was nervous.

He was planning to tell Sasuke about what happened the other day (Sasuke's 'dream'), and most definitely apologize for it, but he was scared that Sasuke might yell at him or avoid him for it. Though he wouldn't complain, because considering what he had done, he had it coming.

He couldn't judge anyone since he was just as fucked up.

When he swung the door open, it was hard to hide the anxiety at seeing Sasuke standing on the other side looking as prickly as ever. His hands were snug in his sweatshirt pockets, while his eyes were fixated on Naruto with a blank stare.

The blonde cleared his throat, "Hey," and he felt stupid because that was not what he wanted to say. He smiled then, trying to play it off. "Uhm, you're done showering... That was fast."

Sasuke's eyes narrowed further and Naruto could feel himself starting to sweat. "You say that like it's a bad thing."

"It's not," Naruto smiled.

"Are you going to let me in?" Naruto jumped at the question, realization hitting him as he moved aside to let Sasuke into his room.

Sasuke walked in briskly, looking rigid and radiating uneasiness. Naruto was suddenly feeling self-conscious from his lack of clothing, and did something weird with his arms and hands in an attempt at modesty.

Sasuke's eyes faltered a bit as he side-eyed him. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, nothing," Naruto grinned, albeit uncomfortably, and shut the door. He approached Sasuke, and noted the way he took a hesitant step back the closer he got. "You said you wanted to tell me something..?" he asked.