20 - An Envelope: Another Invitation PT2

"So you're saying that some random chick slid this under your room door and left?" Sakura rephrased. Naruto nodded. "Well, then why the fuck didn't you chase after her?"

The blonde let out a mournful sigh. "Well the thing is, the elevator had already closed before I got to step foot out of the do-"

"Pause! Are those hickeys? You?! Hickeys?!" Sakura loudly interrupted. Naruto, once again, let out a distressing sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. "As I was saying-"

"—Was it Sasuke?"

Naruto flinched and went pale.

"Ah...," he was out of words. It wasn't like he could simply make up an excuse as to where the hickeys came from. Damn that Sasuke; so that was your evil plan! "Yeah yeah. Sasuke got horny, I got horny. Horny came to life and we made out. Big fucking deal," the blonde blurted out with a shrug.

The duo's walking came to a halt as they reached Sakura's locker. "But I'm still mad at you Sakura!!" Naruto spat. "How was me and Sasuke making out supposed to help with the situation!?"

She gave a smug smirk as she closed her locker. "First of all, your grammar is incorrect; it's Sasuke and I. Second of all--"

"Sakuraa!" Naruto whined, face-red from the familiar words that reminded him how he started his day tragically already.

Sweat trickled down the blossom's forehead as she tried to calm Naruto down. "Ever heard of whispering!?" she whispered. Naruto growled in response.

"Nobody whisperers when they're mad!" Naruto whispered back.

Sakura let out a sigh of disappointment before facepalming her forehead. She then realized that she still had the purple envelope in her other hand. Glancing down at it, she narrowed her eyes studying the suspicious object. She then carefully opened it and pulled out the sheet of paper covered in painfully familiar handwriting. "Naruto," she whispered, interrupting him from digging his nose.

"Mm?" He hummed as a reply, side glancing at her. He then fully turned around when he saw the look on Sakura's face while she was examining the sheet of paper. "You opened it?" He asked surprisingly. Sakura nodded and continued to read. "Why'd you open it? I wanted to open it! It coulda been my first love letter!"

Sakura slid her free hand away and elbowed Naruto's side. "Shut up I'm trying to read what it says!" She whispered. And she did, only to realize that the writer hadn't signed their name at the end of it. Ah, of course, after all, they were too much of a pussy to even confront the person they wanted to send it to.

Naruto dashed from side to side of Sakura, trying to catch a glimpse of what the letter says. Sakura was just about done reading it anyway, and so she simply sighed and shoved it back into the envelope just as the bell rang. 

Naruto's face grew livid. "Y-you're just not gonna let me read it? You do realize that it was meant for me right?" He stammered, following behind her as they walked to class. Sakura smirked. "I'll give it to you if you tell me all the details of what happened last night. I'll even give you this," she taunted, slipping out the ichiraku coupon she had promised him a few days ago. Naruto sighed in defeat. "Fine, fine!"

Sakura then turned the corner to her first class. "Naruto, you have class next door today, remember?" She reminded. His face grew red at the sudden realization and embarrassment. "Ah..." he mumbled.

Sakura then waved at him as he walked away, gasping once she felt someone touch her shoulder from behind. "I—Ino!" She yelped. The blonde giggled in reply. "Sorry I couldn't come back early last night, I had to go visit my brother in the morning, and then I went on a platonic date with Sai. It lasted the whole evening, was pretty fun," Ino spoke, walking Sakura into class.