11 - Wasted

If I'm going to find out what your big secret is, Sasuke Uchiha, 
Then I'm gonna have to become your friend. That's the main reason why I'm being so nice to you. 

But it's also for my own benefit. In all honesty, I've always wanted to be your friend. Ever since we first met in elementary school.

However, seeing as you constantly kept on progressing forward, seeing as you always stood ahead of me, after realizing that you had everything I've ever wanted. It really pissed me off. I had developed a perpetual resentment towards you, Sasuke.

So I started picking on you out of nothing but sheer jealousy and anger. I beat you to a bloody pulp and called you a spoiled bitch. 

You had good grades, I didn't. You had people at school who admired you, I didn't.
You had a rich family, and I didn't. You were blessed with heavenly looks, and I wasn't. 

And most importantly, you had such a carefree attitude. So carefree, that every time I punched you, you'd walk off like it was nothing. You wouldn't even shed a single tear. That pissed me off to no end. 

I didn't care about you. I've never cared about what happened to you. You may have had fame and admiration, but I've always been, and always will be stronger than you are. To me, you were just some random kid who I thought was fun to tease.  

So, why was I wrapping bandages around your sleeping body? 

Why was I so worried about these lingering scars on your slim figure? It looked as if you were starving yourself, considering your flat stomach. These scars around your wrists and legs came from tight ropes.

Why was I so scared that you were being hurt, even though I could tell that these scars emanated from the past? Did you do this to yourself, Sasuke? If not, why do I feel determined to kill the fucking son of a bitch who did this to you? 

My bedroom was perfectly soundless, other than crickets harmonizing, the sound of Sasuke's hushed breath, and the ruffling of soft material as I put one of my sweatshirts over the ravenette's cold body. What a deep sleeper.'

Idiot. Sleeping on the couch, practically naked in the cold like this.' My eyes were sullen at the sight. Do those wounds still hurt?' I stare at him with worry seen in my eyes. I cover him in my bedsheets, turn off the night light, and leave the room after shutting the door.

I strode over to the couch in the living room, sigh, and then plop myself into it. My hands then curl into fists, my teeth grinding against one another. What if some of those scars...came from me from back then...?'

- -

I didn't sleep at all, last night. Sure I shut my eyes for about an hour or two but, does that really count if it felt like I just blinked twice? I quite literally just lied there on the couch and stared into the ceiling.

I couldn't get the image of Sasuke's bruised body out of my head, and my mind just wouldn't stop accumulating ideas of how those scars came to be. 
Why didn't I notice them earlier when Sakura and I went over to his place on Monday?

In a quick motion, I sit up from laying on the couch. I rub my eyes and yawn. I feel so dirty and sweaty.' With an annoyed groan, my eyes dart towards the old, frog-shaped alarm clock, the time reading 5:04 AM. I flinched and went pale.
Now, just why the fuck did I wake up this early? Only psychopaths like Sasuke get up at 5 am.

That's right, Sasuke's sleeping in my room!

I quickly jump out of the couch and run for my room, abruptly halting my movements as I settled my hand above the knob. I slowly open the door and peek into the quiet room, surprised to see Sasuke... cuddling with my nine-tails stuffed animal..?