16 - Ill Hours

"When the day arrives, I want you to keep 'him' occupied so that 'they' can get in. Uchiha's roommate is willingly and physically strong, you know him; Minato's boy~? If you fail, your precious brother dies, do I make myself clear?" The older man hissed. 

A short-haired brunette boy buckled into a kneeling bow, the feeling of wet perspiration trickling down his forehead at the man's words.
"Yes sir. I will not disappoint you."

December 1st, Sunday | 10:00 AM | Subway Station: A Flu

. . .

"Sasuke."

No answer.

"Uchiha Sasuke."

Still no answer.

"Sasuke your eyes are literally open, you're not sleeping."

The boy stayed silent.

"Sasuke you're blushing."

"No, I am not, it's the cold. Suigetsu you're not my therapist, go home!"

"Not until you tell me what happened. You're clearly deep in thought." Suigetsu declared. Sasuke grunted, then pulled his scarf over his face. He maintained his gaze with the stiff bed of white shredded ice laid out on the concrete tiles. "Oh well. Getting lost in your head is one of the best places to get lost in."

The long, loud subway drove by, the sound echoed in his head for about a minute before Suigetsu spoke.  

"It's Naruto, isn't it." 

Sasuke stayed silent.

"Oh man, the good ol' 'fall in love with your roommate' story. Kinda cliche," Suigetsu sighed, pulling out his phone. Sasuke stayed silent, still lost in his subconscious. For once, he wasn't thinking about Naruto. Well, not as much as what he was currently worried about, anyway.

Sasuke pulled his coat closer to his body, "Suigetsu... It's.. snowing," he whispered.

The boy raised a perfect eyebrow. "I..can see that?" 

Sasuke gaped at him. "If you can't figure it out then that's your problem." 

Suigetsu put down his phone; he had to stop and think about this before he finally figured it out. He slowly turned to Sasuke wide-eyed, jaw hanging, and pointed at him. "Oh! It's December now! That means they're gonna...on the fifteenth... dammnit..!" 

Sasuke's eyes grew sullen the more he thought about it.
He slowly pulled his hands out of his pockets and watched his slim fingers as they shuddered at the sensation of the cold, wintery atmosphere. He then pulled down his scarf and breathed onto his hands to heat them up, ignorant of the salty tears slowly pouring from beneath his long, dark lashes.

It's funny because... snakes are usually sensitive to the cold...

"S-Sasuke? Dude are you alright?" Suigetsu gasped and removed the ravenettes hands from covering his face, then wiped away his tears. "Sasuke! Stop crying! I'm here, I'm here! I won't let that bastard Orochimaru or the Akatsuki take you again! You hear me? So stop crying!" Suigetsu attempted to appease, pulling Sasuke into a comforting hug. 

"S-so you say but... that's only prolonging the inevitable," Sasuke spoke in between gritted teeth. "..Remember what he did t-o you? I was the reason you have that scar- on your back." 

Suigetsu grabbed Sasuke's shoulders and shook him back into reality. "Sasuke. Stop it. Don't go back to being your old self again!" Dark eyes glanced elsewhere at his words. "We'll fight off that mother fucker, alright? We're eagles. Remember that story Itachi read to us as kids? The eagle will always beat the snake! And we'll have the fox on our side, too! Remember? Naruto!"