Chapter 25

"Happy birthday Vanessa"

----------

Body's being grinded against eachother, people making out, all different games going on is this party as you look around. Just the average college party.

It's now 11 pm and I still have no reason why this party is going on. But hey, free party right?

"Babe, your drunk" Justin laughs as I get another drink.

"No I'm nottt" I slur.

So what if I am? It's a party afterall.

"You are" he laughs again and kisses my head.

"Guys! Over here!" I hear and turn to see Maddie standing there waving us over.

"Maybeee a little" I giggle. I'm a giggly drunk. Justin laughs and grabs my hand, walking us over to Maddie Lance and Matt.

"Hey Jess" Matt smiles bringing me into an hug.

"Hey Matt" I smile as I pull back after a few seconds.

"How long have you two been here?" Lance laughs.

"Bout an hour, we couldn't find youse" Justin reply's.

"Well at least you found us now" Maddie laughs and brings me into an hug.

"Who wants to play truth or dare!?" A voice shouts.

I turn my head to where the voice came from and see a gorgeous guy with bright blue hair.

"That's Michael, him and his friends have just moved here" Matt tells me.

I watch a herd of about 10 people scatter over to him and they all sit down in a circle and place the bottle in the middle of them.

"Is he in our college?" I ask Matt.

"They just started actually" he laughs "like, today maybe?"

"Can't wait to meet them" I smile and take a swig of my drink.

"Let's go dance" Maddie drags me to the living room as the music gets blasted throughout this huge house. Lance, Matt and Justin follow behind, all of us getting to the dance floor and dancing.

"Hey! Jess!" I hear after about half an hour of dancing with Maddie. The boys have now decided to go and talk whilst me and Maddie dance.

I turn and see Cole walking towards me.

"Hey Cole!" I smile widely and hug my friend.

As I hug Cole I see Justin behind him now staring at me hugging Cole with his jaw clenched tightly. What's his problem?

"You enjoying this party?" He laughs as he swigs some of his vodka and begins dancing with me and Maddie and that's how we spend the next hour or so, dancing, signing, drinking. All the usual party stuff.

--------------

The music gets cut off, and everyone in the whole house goes quiet as I see Shane get up on the stage.

"Sorry for the interruption guys, I just thought I'd say a few words as tomorrow is the 12th of September and it would of been our dear loved one Vanessa's birthday tomorrow" a tear slips from his eye as many already flow from mine as i stare at the beautiful picture of my sister on the wall from the projector.

Everyone raises there glasses and more people get up and say words about her. Each and everyone of them shouting "Happy birthday Vanessa" making my heart break more and more every time.

Maddie places her hand on the bottom of my back as Cole brings me into a comforting hug, which just makes me cry more.

I rush out of the living room from the wave of rainbow drunks now watching and speaking about my sister. I can't do this. I just need some time on my own. A few eyes and gazes flicker to me, rushing out of the living room very quickly.