Chapter 7

Birthdays.
----------
"Dad, uh.." I trail as me and Justin stare wildly into space not knowing what to do.

"Explain. Now!" He states.

"Look, Mr Carter.. Me and Jessica are just friends, there's nothing to worry about" Justin smiles.

"And what are your intentions with my daughter?" He asks making me mentally smack my head.

Seriously dad.

I'm 18, 19 tomorrow actually.

And yet, you still don't let me have friends as boys, or boyfriends for that matter.

"Uh.. my intentions are to be friends with your daughter sir" Justin mumbles from next to me.

"And it better had be too.." he trails looking for Justin's name.

"Justin" both me and Justin say to my dad at the same time.

"Nice to meet you Justin, just so you know, you'll have to confirm everything with me, you know, what happens between you and my daughter" he smiles, and then leaves the room, leaving both me and Justin frozen in place.

"I can't believe him" I sigh, as he's left the room.

"Hey, don't worry, he's your dad he's bound to be protective" Justin comforts.

"Seriously though, I'm 19 tomorrow and he's still treating me like I'm 13" I whine.

"He's your Dad, of course he's going to be protective" Justin laughs "no matter what your age" he mumbles.

"Let's carry on watching the film" I laugh, changing the subject.

"Yeah, come on then" he smiles as I rewind the dvd to the last bit of where we last seen.
-------------
"You said it's your birthday tomorrow" Justin mumbles from next to me on the couch, waking me up.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry I fell asleep" I face palm, which causes Justin to laugh and pull both my hands away from my eyes.

"Don't worry" he laughs "besides your gunna need a lot of sleep for tomorrow" he smirks.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I stutter.
"It's your birthday" he smiles "your 19th birthday infact" he adds.

"Oh yeah" I roll my eyes "don't remind me" I laugh.

"Why not?" He asks confused.

"Because it's just another age" I shrug.

"What are you doing for this years birthday?" He asks causing me to let out a chuckle.

"Nothing" I shrug.

"No, you are" he states.

"Please, tell" I gesture for him to carry on.

"It's a surprise" he smirks.

"Justin no, you don't have to get me anything or do anything for me because I've just told you it's my birthday tomorrow" I face palm.

"Hey, I want to do something for you" he smiles "and now I'm going to go, just so you won't pester me about what it is I'm going to do, I'll see you in the morning get a good nights sleep, you'll need it" he smiles and walks out of my house in a flash.

That was weird.

I wonder what he's going to do.

Hmm.

"Jess dinners ready!" I hear my dad shout.

"Coming!" I reply and walk into the dining room.
-------------------
"Good morning sweetheart it's your birthday" I hear someone at my bedroom door.