The Weirdo On Maple Street (Pt. 3)

𝚃𝙷𝙴  𝚆𝙴𝙸𝚁𝙳𝙾  𝙾𝙽  𝙼𝙰𝙿𝙻𝙴  𝚂𝚃𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚃
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃  3

𝚃𝙷𝙴  𝚆𝙴𝙸𝚁𝙳𝙾  𝙾𝙽  𝙼𝙰𝙿𝙻𝙴  𝚂𝚃𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚃 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃  3

Reluctantly, Ally had left Mike's house to return home. Worry for Will's safety still gnawed at her as she pedalled along the road to her house. Unlike Lucas, Ally had believed everything that El had told them. Will was hiding... somewhere, from something dangerous; the monster that took him.

With a sigh, the girl shook her head and tried to rid herself of those horrific thoughts.

After hearing Nancy's excuse at dinner to go out with Barb, Ally knew what would be waiting for her when she got home: a bunch of annoying, wasted teenagers making poor decisions. Ally would've admittedly preferred to stay at Mike's with Eleven but she knew she'd have to go home eventually. To at least shower and change her clothes.

However, as she rode alone along the silent streets of Hawkins, her eyes drifted over to the forest that lined the road. It couldn't hurt to take a short detour, right? Ally stopped, climbed off her bike and wheeled it through the forest towards Castle Byers.

Castle Byers. A small but beautiful make-shift teepee constructed - with the utmost care - out of sticks and tarp. Outside it, just above the sheet door, was a hand-painted sign that read "Castle Byers".

Ally crawled inside, revealing what she believed to be any twelve-year-old's dream. Comic books, toys, drawings and more are scattered across the interior of the hut but it was by no means "messy". Ally curled up on the pillows, leaning her head against the back wall of the hut. The girl closed her eyes, inhaling deeply and she swore that she could practically feel Will's presence beside her. Had her eyes not been closed, Ally would've forgotten that he wasn't actually there with her.

The thought made Ally's eyebrows furrow in confusion. How was that even possible? It really did feel like he was sitting right there next to her.

Acting quickly, Ally plunged her arm into her backpack, pulled out her walkie-talkie and began flipping through the channels to the one Will's was usually on.

Ally closed her eyes, listening to the static and focused on the feeling of Will's presence beside her; the way it made her simultaneously relaxed and nervous, the way it made heart flutter and her insides all warm and tingly. The energy she subconsciously used flowed through the walkie-talkie and made her nose drip with blood before the muffled sound of whimpering came through the radio.

"Will?" Ally breathed, holding down the receiver button.

For minutes, all Ally got in response was the sound of static.

Until sure enough, Will Byer's voice creeps through the static.

"A-Ally?"

Ally gasped. A lump formed in the back of her throat and hot tears stung her eyes as they streamed down her face.