The Bathtub (Pt. 1)

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙷𝚃𝚄𝙱
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 1

"Ha! Suck it, Henderson!" Ally cheered happily as she bested the curly-haired boy in yet another round of thumb wars

Dustin groaned, throwing his hands up and running them down his face as he sunk back into the cushions of the couch in the Wheelers' basement.

"Argh, son of a bitch! How?! You've gotta be cheating somehow?" Dustin accused, refusing to accept defeat.

Ally smirked smugly, "I'm not cheating, you just suck,"

Dustin glared and flipped her off as the girl laughed, revelling in her victory.

But it would seem as though these kids just could not catch a break; for but a few seconds later, did both Ally's and Dustin's supercomms crackle to life and the sound of Lucas's muffled voice emanated through the breaks in the static.

Ally and Dustin exchanged a look before scrambling off the couch and snatching up their walkie-talkies. Although Lucas's voice was so intensely muffled by the radio static, the pair on the recieving end of his incoherent yelling could tell that something was very very wrong.

Immediately, Dustin rushed to the bathroom to fetch the other two party members as Ally continued to try and decipher what Lucas was trying to tell them. Not a moment later, Dustin returned with El and Mike.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin reminded them.

"Yeah," Mike replied.

"What if he found it?" Dustin suggested, handing Mike his walkie-talkie.

Mike listened carefully to the incoherent shouts of his friend but was rendered just as clueless as the rest of them.

"What's he saying?" Mike asked.

"I don't know. He's way out of range," Dustin informed.

"I think he's trying to warn us about something. I just... don't know what," Ally theorised.

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you," Mike spoke into the walkie.

Once again, all they recieved was more incoherent yelling.

"Mad hen," Dustin managed to construe, "Does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?"

Ally furrowed her brows, not believing that that was truly what Lucas had said.

"Don't be dumb, Dusty. Why would he use mad hen of all things as a codename?" Ally objected, snatching the hand radio from Mike and bringing it closer to her ear.

Mad Hen... Mad Hen... Think, Ally! Think!

And then she heard it.

"The bad men are coming!" Lucas yelled.