The Gate (Pt. 1)

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙰𝚃𝙴
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 1

From the moment she stepped foot into the Byers' house, El and Mike gravitated towards each other, meeting in the middle for a tearful reunion that stirred up a mixture of both sadness and guilt within Ally

"Is that...?" Max started to ask, Dustin and Lucas nodding, dumbfounded.

"I never gave up on you," Mike told El, pulling away from their hug, "I called you every night. Every night for—"

"353 days," El finished, shaking her head as tears streamed down her face, "I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike asked.

Steve, Ally and Hopper exchanged a look. Hopper shook his head and stepped forward, letting them know that he would take the blame for this one.

"Because I wouldn't let her," Hopper answered, "I wouldn't let any of them. Under any circumstances," he emphasised before returning his focus to Eleven.

"The hell is this?" Hopper questioned, approaching El, "Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" El retorted.

Hopper put an arm around her, pulling her in for a hug that made Ally and Steve smile as everyone else showed nothing but confusion on their faces.

"You've been hiding her," Mike realised, "You've been hiding her this whole time!" He accused, shoving Hopper.

"Hey!" Hopper turned, grabbing Mike by his collar, "Let's talk. Alone."

As Hopper and Mike left, Dustin and Lucas surged forward, throwing their arms around El. El closed her eyes, finally getting to see her friends again.

"We missed you," Lucas said.

"I missed you too."

"We talked about you pretty much every day," Dustin added as they pulled away.

El smiled, stepping back.

"I know. Ally told me," she informed.

Their jaws dropped.

"She what?!" The exclaimed simultaneously, looking to Ally expectantly.

"Long story," the girl shrugged, "Hopper said I couldn't say anything."

El's brows furrowed and she grabbed Dustin's face in her hand, squishing his cheeks and poked a finger at his teeth.