Chapter Two.

"Noah, you should really go home now. It's really late." I say pausing the video game. He looks up at me and frowns.
"But I don't want to leave." He complains then sits up next to me. Noah always gives you a begging face that you just can't say no to.
"Well, what do you want to do?" I ask putting the controller down.
He turned away then looked back at me just as if he had the best idea.
"Let's go to the mall." He sounded so excited. I tilt my head in confusion.
"Noah," I start "it's closed." I give a little laugh.
He smiles then looks down. "No, I mean behind it. Clair and people hang behind there all the time." He shakes his head then looks back at me.
I've heard rumours about them people. Everyone says they always get drunk or high behind there every night. Surprised they aren't dead yet.
"Uhh, sure." Noah stands up and I follow. We sneak out so my parents don't hear.
They'd kill me if I was noisy.
We make it out and run to Noah's car. As soon as we got in Noah sped off.
The mall wasn't far from my house so In a matter of time we were there.
Noah drove around the back. As we got out, we are greeted by a drunk Clair.
"Always knew you guys would come here one day?" Clair flung her arm around me. The stench of alcohol came off her.
"Never thought I would." I murmur quietly.
With her arm still around me, we wander back to the group.
I sit down next to Noah.
He passes me a cigarette and lights it for me.
Noah drinks shots of Vodka and whatever other drinks that are there.
Time passes fast, as I just watch all the drunk bodies move around so slowly like a zombie. Getting drunk is one thing I'll never do again. The last time I did was when I lost my sister. I never talk about her or what happened because it brings me to tears and once I start crying, I can't stop.
"Noah," I nudge his side. He turns to face me. The smell of alcohol on him was so strong.
"I don't like it here, can we leave please?" I pleaded with tears about to come out.
He nodded his head and we said our goodbyes then walked away.
Sadly, we had to walk home because Noah was drunk and I don't know how to drive. It was freezing.
"AJ, what's wrong?" I feel Noah's hand interlock with mine.
"Nothing, why?" I say with concern. It's rare if Noah asks me theses questions.
"Lately your eyes have grown sad." Noah stops and faces me to look at him.
"I'm not sad." I crack a smile with a laugh. I don't feel sad or anything. Maybe I am but I haven't realised it.
"It's okay if you are. You always talked about music and everything you loved," He let's out a sigh. "Now, you never talk about those things." He pulled me in for a hug.
"I'm not sad." I repeat but a lot quieter.
Noah's hugs always make everything better. I don't know why exactly but they just do.
I pull away and look up at Noah. I know it's dark but I can see him smiling slightly.
"Maybe," I pause. "I'm just crazy." I whisper then start to walk again. He catches up to me and holds my waist. These kind of things was normal for Noah to do but what happened next is what I didn't expect.
I felt him kiss me. Friends don't kiss like that. He did it in the way where it meant more.
In some degree I liked it. Wait, I can't.
I turned around a pushed him off me.
"Noah!" I screamed. My heart was pounding and I was so confused.
"Why? You have a girlfriend!" Noah didn't answer. He looked away in shame.
"I'm sorry, I-" he starts to say but I cut him off.
"Just save it." I say then run home. Hoping he wasn't following.
I stopped in front of my house and dropped to the grass.
I didn't want to go inside but I didn't want to stay here.
I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out to see Noah trying to call. I just held my phone starring at the screen. I'm trying to avoid picking the phone up but I can't.
"Hey," I breathed out slowly.
I could hear him softly crying.
"I'm so sorry AJ, I don't know came upon me." His voice sounded so sad.
"It's okay," I lie. It wasn't okay. I know it was just a kiss but he has a girlfriend and he is my best friend. Practically my brother.
"Don't hate me please." He goes quiet and cries more.
"I don't." I felt so bad now, just running off from him.
Noah hung up the phone.
The next time we hang out will be awkward.
I hope I don't lose him.