Chapter Eleven.

Waking up with AJ in my arms is something I want everyday. Even though it's night and we slept the whole day I don't want to wake her. It's been a while since I've first woken up. She's been hardly sleeping in hospital and she seemed so tired.
Her breathing pattern races then slows down every so often. Everything about her is so damn perfect that I seriously can't put it together. No matter what she does or says she makes me to crazy.
Her eyes start to open. Immediately I smile at the sight of her brown eyes. She takes he hands away from me and sit up.
"Sorry if I hurt you while I slept." AJ says as she turned around to face me.
I shrug and sit up next to her. I brush away her pink hair to see her smile.
Her smile is one of the most precious things that exists. I don't get why she is sad. I know that anyone can get sad but AJ doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve this type of sadness.
She drapes her legs over the bed and walk out the room.
I'm left alone sitting on my bed wishing that she would come back. I just want to lay in bed with her and cuddle and watch movies and talk about anything and everything. That would be perfect.
I sit there for a while staring at the blank wall. I hear a faint cry coming from some where out side the door. I get out of bed and walk down to the lounge room. The sight I saw broke my heart. It was AJ.
Her head buried in her knees. She was curled up on the couch.
"AJ.." I whisper walking closer to her. She slowly looks up. A fake smile comes across her face.
"What's wrong?" I sit down next to her and put a hand on my shoulder.
"Was I this sad before the accident?" AJ mumbled out.
I look down and remember the night she told me that she was sad. She always denied that she wasn't and I have no Idea why. I nod my head and look back up to her.
Her mascara was running down her face. I lean my forehead against hers.
"What do you want to do?" I ask trying to cheer her up in anyway.
"Can we go to the mountains?" AJ's voice was shaky. It was as if she was scared at me for any reason. I nod and then stand up. We walk upstairs to get ready and stuff. I chose to wear jeans, plain t-shirt and a jumper with my converse. Pretty plain but I don't really care.
I sit on the couch waiting for AJ to come down.
Finally, after a while she came down. When my eyes were drawn to her I can't stop starring at her. She looked so perfect. She wore black leggings with an oversized knitted jumper. Ankle height boots and her haired pulled into a bun. I didn't realise I was staring at her for a long time. "So, you ready to go?" She asks me pointing to the door. I stand up and walk out behind her. The street was cover in snow. I walk over to my car and get in. AJ follows.
The whole way there we just listened to music. It was cute how she hummed the words to the song.
As we got out she brushed off the snow that was on the hood of the car. She sat down on it and motioned for me to sit next to her. I hop on and put my arm around her.
She was so concentrated with the stars. The moonlight shining off her face made her eyes glow.
"Why was I sad?" She asks turning to me.
"I'm not sure. You didn't really talk about your emotions to me." I say calmly.
AJ was one of those people who hates knowing how to feel. She tried to block out any feeling even if was happiness. Of course she got sad and happy but she never liked knowing that she could feel.
"I guess I don't know how to express my feelings." He eyes fall to the ground. Some way she seemed so ashamed but there was nothing to be ashamed of.
"I'm sorry." AJ says as she turned to me. Even though It was dark I could see the Tears were forming in her eyes. I cup her face and give her a smile.
"There is nothing to be sorry about." I wipe her the one tear that fell.
I don't like seeing her cry.
We lay back down and look at the stars.
Her hand was in mine. Everything right now seemed so perfect. To her I was just a friend who was helping her through a though time but to me she was a best friend who I love more than anything.
I always wonder why life can give you such bad situations. I tend to blame myself even though it isn't my fault. It sucks because I can't vent out to AJ like I use to. She doesn't understand how much I truly miss her.