Chapter Twenty Two.

"I didn't want him to go." I say crying in Faiths arms. It's been a couple days since Noah left and I haven't gotten over it. I've forgiven Carter for what he has done but i can't really face him. I stayed over at Faiths house last night.
"It's not your fault. He will be back, trust me." Faith tries to comfort me but I don't believe any of that. I doubt that he would come back. I hope he does though.
"Faith, I lo-" I stop myself. I know what I was going to say but I can't say it to her. I'm with Carter. I can't love Noah like that. I think I do. No, I can't.
"Ay... You can't." She says. She knows exactly what I was going to say. I look up at her. My eyes felt puffy, they were probably all red. I haven't stopped crying since he left.
"I mean as a friend you can but not like that. Not like the way with Carter." Faith says while I stand up and back away from her. My mind is a mess and I don't know how I feel towards anyone anymore. I feel numb. That's all. Faith stands up and tries to take a hold of my arms. I start screaming with pain and run outside. The fresh air had stung my eyes which caused me to start to cry again. I don't know where to go. I feel lost. Not just in the world but in my mind.

******

"That will be $85 please." The man says. I pass the money over.
After running out of Faiths house I went home and fixed myself up. I took savings from my bank account and decided to get a tattoo on my ribcage. A poem I had written for Noah. I also included what I wrote at the end of the first letter I wrote to him.

Your smile is my cure.
Your touch is my drug.
Your heart is my home.
Your life is my life.
Your love is my love.
From your AJ.

I know it's not the best but I like it. I won't show Noah. How can I anyway. If he comes back I'll wait till he notices. I know it silly to get a tattoo dedicated to some one but even if I don't end up with Noah or stop talking to him forever, he will always be apart of me. No matter what.
I walk out the shop and the sun shine went straight into my face.
My phone started ringing. It was Noah..
My heart raced with excitement to hear his voice.
"Hello!" I answer while sitting down on a bench.
"Hey Ay..." He spoke so softly.
"It's AJ not Ay anymore." My hands were trembling. Ever since Noah left when ever people talked to me I always expected the worse from people. It made me overthink everything too much.
"Oh well, I uh. This is the last time I'll ever," he stops. I quiet sobs coming through the phone.
"Noah, last time for what?" I ask really worried.
"The last time I'll ever talk to you." I drop my phone from my ear and hold my other hand up to my mouth.
It can't be the last time. No it can't be. I felt my eyes fill up with tears.
I put the phone against my ear. I couldn't get any words out.
"Goodbye AJ. Nice to know you. I love you." The last words he said before handing up. That's it. All those years of friendship just gone. Just like that.
I hope Carter didn't tell him to stop talking to me.
Without Noah I'm nothing. He is my everything. It's stupid to depend on someone so much but he was all I had.
I had no blood family. My mother and father were drug addicts and ended up going to jail. My sister died. I don't know any of my other relatives.
I don't really like my foster parents. Of course I have Carter but he doesn't mean anything compared to Noah.
This is all too much.