Chapter Eight.

"AJ wake up please." I say as I grab her hand. It has been eight days and she still hasn't moved. I miss her voice. I haven't left here. So I've basically just used the showers here and kept the same clothes on.
"They say that when people are in coma they can still hear their surroundings," I choke on the lump in my throat. Tears form on my eyes but i blink them away.
"You may not wake up and that's what scares me the most. I'll never be able to hear you wonderful voice and that smile you have, its so contagious. I'm sorry that your scared of love. Your heart is so fragile and I promise i would never break it. The way your hair falls, the way you hold your stomach from laughter even the way you breathe. I love everything about you." I laugh at the memory we shared at star bucks laughing about how I scared her.
I look down and shake my head.
"I may never be able to share any more memories with you." I bite my lip to stop me from crying. I look back up at her lifeless body. Maybe, If I never told her I loved her she wouldn't be lying here possibly dead.
"All I want is for you to wake up. AJ, please." Tears come streaming out. I won't be able to live normally without her. She my reason that I am still able to breathe. She has my heart and always will.
I've never felt true sadness until this moment. To possibly lose someone you love more than you love yourself is the ultimate pain.
I shake her hand wishing her eyes would open. Wishing that her mouth would open and words would come out or even laughter.
"Sir, the doctors would like to talk to you." I turn around and saw the nurse standing at the door. I nod and kiss her hand. "I'll be back." I whisper as I stood up and walked out.
I face the doctors. They had a sad facial expression. "What's wrong?" I say feeling my heart beat faster n
"We are afraid that she may never wake up." At those words my heart had dropped. Broke. Shattered.
"What, what does the mean now?" I whisper as I blocked out the tears.
"We will need to turn off the machines and stop all the injections."
I kept shaking my head as no. I couldn't speak I was in to much shock.
I couldn't stop crying. Everything came over me.
"No no no!" I yell. I feel the anger raising up. "You can't do that! It has been only eight days! Some people are like this for six years before they wake up." I scream even louder.
"Those families and doctors are willing to wait a long time for the person to wake up." His words slurred. I was filled with anger and hurt.
"I will wait twenty or more year for her to wake up. I'm never going to leave her side. I am willing to wait for her forever if that what it takes." I say slighting going quiet towards the end. The doctor shook his head. "There is nothing more we can do." He say and starts to walk away.
I spin around and catch up to him. I stood in front of him stopping him in his tracks.
"A month. Let continue all this for a month and if this doesn't work then you can do what you need to do. I'll pay for it all if I need to. You just can't take her away yet. Please?" I beg with so much hope and faith that she will wake up before then. He nods his head and walks away. A sigh of relief washes over me. I run back to AJ's room. I kneel beside her bed and take her hand back in mine. A smile came upon my lips.
"You will be okay. Just wake up please."

****

"How is she?" Tay asks sitting down in the chair. I was still kneeling at her side holding her hand.
"She's okay, I guess." I whisper between breaths. I look back at Tay. His eyes were red and puffy. Cheek stained with tears.
"You look bad. Do you wanna go home the come back?" Tay says as he put a hand on my shoulder. I nod and look back at AJ. I kiss her hand then stand up to leave.
I walked down to my car. As soon as I got in and put my seat belt on I started crying. I wipe my eyes and drive home as fast as I can. Every minute I spent in the car i thought of AJ. I thought of how the accident would of happened. If she was on the road on purpose.
When I got home I got out. I started to walk to the front door but I notice Evie sitting on the stairs.
"Evie, why are you here?" She looks up. Her eyes all red like her cheeks.
"Noah, please don't leave me." She says. Evie stood up and tried to hug me but I backed away from her.
"Go home." I whisper pushing past her to get inside. She grabbed on to my t-shirt to stop me. I turned around. I was filling up with anger. I wanted to push her away so badly but I didn't want to hurt her.
"Go home!" I yell. She took her hand off me. She looked so frightened. At this moment I couldn't give a damn. I needed to get back to AJ as soon as I can.
Everything will be alright.