Chapter Three.

Another day, another challenge. Im the type of person who would rather sleep then having to go out and face people. Sliding out of bed just to change into comfy clothes, shoes and do my hair in a bun. I guess this look is okay for school. Doesn't matter anyway. Of course I do the normal routine. Eat, brush teeth, simple make up, etc.
I race down stairs to grab my phone and wait outside for Noah to come pick me up. I'm so glad today is the last day of school then 2 months off.
In a couple of minutes he finally arrives. I hop in and he drives off.
The car was filled with awkward silence. Usually the silence between us is normal and comfortable but now, I can barely stand it.
"So," I say trying to break the quietness. "Do you feel okay?"
He gives me nod. No words. The loudest thing in the car is our breathing. He wasn't blasting the music like he usually does. This is just not normal.
"Noah, I'm sorry abo-" he cuts me off by putting his hand up to my mouth.
"Nothing happened." Noah's voice was stern. Eyebrows furrowed with a mixed expression of hurt and guilt.
We finally arrive and I get out of the car as quickly as I can. I don't want to be around Noah right now.
"AJ!" He screams out so loud. I stop and turn around to see him standing by the car.
I stare at him for a little bit then walk off to class. Luckily, he isn't in my class for anything except science. So glad I don't have that today.
Now the halls are really lonely without Noah or knowing that he would soon be at my side. This is what has happened to my other friend ships. They either find a new friend or if I have a friend that is a boy they say that they love me more than a friend. Ours was broken by a kiss. A little, tiny kiss.
You're probably thinking that it isn't broken yet. It's only been a day. Well, everyday since I met Noah it's never been like this. Never. I get so scared with friendships that if we have an awkward moment that everything is over.
Sitting down in class, I look around at everyone. They're all talking or laughing with each other. Then there's me. I feel so alone. I never usually feel like this but its just, knowing that Noah and I may not be friends or something anymore really hurts.
Class flies by and it's lunch. I walk out to see Noah sitting under the oak tree out the back of the oval. I go over to him and sit next to him. I'm still feeling uneasy with being near him but I can't let this friendship be over.
"Hey," I say trying to hide the awkwardness in my voice.
"Hi." He replies with no emotion.
"How was first class?" I hate trying to make conversations when there is some what tension.
He shrug his shoulders and turned his focus on me. "Didn't go." He looks back down and starts to play with the grass.
"How come?" I move closer to him. I rest my hand on his knee to try to make him look in my direction. I give him a smile.
"I want to talk to you." Noah looks up quickly. There was tears in his eyes.
"Talk." I whisper trying to not cry as well. I'm the one who starts to cry when I see others crying.
"I'm so sorry about the kiss. I was drunk and I wasn't thinking straight. I just, I'm sorry." He lays his head in his hands.
"It was nothing. It's fine." I put my hand under his chin and tilt his head up. Smiling at him. Studying his features.
"Just don't tell Evie." I say. She is the jealous type. When I say jealous I mean really jealous. She doesn't want me to hang around Noah really anymore.
His eyes went wide. Face turned paled.
"Noah..." I stutter out. I feel my heart start to beat faster due to the worry I felt. "Are you okay?" I knelt In front of him.
He nodded but his eyes were still on shock.
"She is coming today, I have to pick her up." He looks down at his watch. "Now!" He stands up and starts to run.
"I thought we were going to hang out! You were supposed to come over!" I yelled out to him before he suddenly disappeared.
I don't have a good feeling about Evie coming over. Something wasn't right. I shrug it off and pick up my bag. May as well ditch the rest of the day.
I walk out of school and light a cigarette. The smell was horrible but it was so addicting.
My favourite quote is from Looking for Alaska by John Green.
It went something like 'You smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die.'
To me, that's how I felt. I have no reason to smoke but to die quicker. That has been my intention ever since I started.
I try to get home as quick as I can but sometimes walks are nice. Clear your mind, I guess.
I hear a car horn beeping continuously behind me. I try to ignore but it got so annoying.
Turning around I saw someone who I haven't seen in years.
"Tay!" I say as he winded down the window.
He was my primary school friend and was up until year five. He moved to Orlando.
His real name is Tayre. I was the only one who would call him Tay so he called me Jay.
"Hey, Jay. Haven't seen you in ages!" He gets out of his car and gives me a hug.
"Yeah, how'd you know it was me?" I ask with a slight laugh at the end.
Tay still had those dark green eyes and blonde hair.
"Your bag. All the drawings on it from year five before I left. Can't believe you still had it." He points down to my bag.
I look down and admire all the little drawings on it.
Mary had bought me a white shoulder bag that came with markers to draw on it. So Tay, Noah and I all drew something to remember. Happy things.
"Well, want to come and get Starbucks or something?" He shifts his body towards the car. I nod and laugh. Walking around then getting in it. This car is like Noah's but slightly different.
I haven't even thought about Tay since the day he moved away.