Chapter Thirteen.

It's been three weeks since I last talked to Noah. I woke up in the middle of the night to hear my parents arguing. It has been hard to get to sleep every night after that morning with Noah. I open the door and peer down the hallway. I see their door open and my mother holding a suite case. Suddenly she walks out with tears streaming down her face. This always happens. They fight and she leaves for a day or two. I'm stuck at home to listen to my father be miserable about the mistake he has made. Their fighting comes more frequent. I close the door a little more so she doesn't see me. Once I hear the door close I knew she was gone. I walk down to my parents rooms and knock on the door. My dad sitting on the bed with his head in his hands.
"You okay?" I whisper walking in a little. He looks up. His face filled with anger and hurt.
"Go away AJ." He yells then looks back down.
I still stand there in hope he would tell me what was going on.
"Get out of this house now." He screams even louder while standing up. He was right In front of me. He was a lot taller than me. His hand swung at me and I felt a sharp pain in my cheek. I look at him. His hands covering his mouth and his eyes filled with sorrow.
"AJ, I didn't mean to-" he tried to comfort me but instead I ran away. Out the door into the freezing cold. No shoes, no jumper just my shorts and top.
I kept running until I couldn't go any further. I was at the park. I fell on the snow covered grass and cried. I felt numb, weak. I just want my life to be okay. I shouldn't have gotten angry at Noah like I did. I'm so stupid.
I want him back. I always thought if I had lost Noah I would be okay but I'm wrong. So completely wrong.
I don't have anyone. Noah is gone. Tay flew home a while ago. Faith, I don't know if she wants me. I haven't talked to her since that day. I haven't really talked to anyone. I've been avoiding life as much as I could.
Rain started to pour down. I don't move. I wrap my arms around me to try to keep warm. I have not emotion. Just staring at the ground.
I hear footsteps behind me. Automatically I feel scared until I hear who it is.
"AJ.." I turn around and look up at him. A part of me wished it was Noah.
"Daniel?" I say standing up. He is my cousin who lives in LA. I forgot he was coming for a short holiday.
"How'd you know I was here?" I wipe my face so there was no tears then wrap my arms around my self. Nobody knows that I go here when I'm sad. I didn't even know myself until Noah pointed it out.
"Your dad said you ran out and I knew you would be here. We always went here when we were little and you told me if I ever needed to find you-" he stopped then looked down.
"You would be here." I smile at how he remembered. Daniel is my only relative that I get along with. I told him that when I was eight. It's been ten years. Most people forget something I told them the day before.
"Why are you here?" I ask trying to avoid eye contact.
"Well, you can't be out in the cold all night." His voice was demanding. I shrug my shoulders.
"I have no where else to go.." I look up and give him a slight smile.
My heart dropped at what I said. Whenever I need someone or needed a place to stay I always went to Noah. It's so sad how much I depending on him and now it's like I never knew him.
"What about your friend?" Daniel says while giving me his jacket. It warmed me up straight away.
"Noah? I don't know about him anymore." I finish then motion him and I to walk off to the veranda. He didn't ask why but he knew I was sad about it.
Noah is someone I never imagined that I would lose. He is, well I mean, was my only friend. He was the only person who would accept me for who I am. Tay was a good friend but he was nothing like Noah.
"What time is it?" I ask sitting down on the bench. He sat next to me then looked at his watch.
"4am." He whispers then lowers his arm.
"Why did you come so early?" I look up at him. His features reminded me of Noah. He had darker hair than him but the same eyes. The exact same.
"My flight got rescheduled because of the snow."
I nod and zip the jacket up. Right now is perfect but I want it to be Noah. Not my cousin. Noah would hold me and stroke my hair while telling me everything was alright. He always did that when my parents would fight. My father has hurt me before and always say he never meant to do it. I feel so lost without him. Without Noah.