Monaco sucks

Molly

Being at the Monaco GP after the break up with Charles is harder than I thought. Last night I spent in George's room crying, I thought this would be easier this time, I mean it's not like this exact situation hadn't pretty much happened before. It still hurts and I don't want to face him, I can't. It's media day which is usually my favourite as I spend it with my driver but today I'm dreading it as it's the highest chance of seeing Charles all weekend. I need to pull myself together "Mols? Are you ready to go?" George pulls me out of my thoughts and I know I just need to focus on the job at hand "yeah, just need to grab my bag" I shout as I Chuck everything I might possibly need into my backpack. Once I join George by the door he looks at me "are you going to be okay today?" I shrug "I'm not sure" he nods and gives my shoulder a squeeze before he opens the door and we head off to work.

I knew that the media would be all over the story of mine and Charles break up, it's obvious as we haven't arrived together and Charlotte's post on Instagram has done the rounds. Speculation is rife and I know that Charles will be made to make a social media statement later today and I will need to do the same. I want to regret taking him back but I now know in absolute certainty that we don't work together and I needed that to fully move on.

It took us 10 minutes longer to get to the Williams garage as apparently Charles arrived with Charlotte which has made this a huge story now. Photographers aim their cameras at me as we walk into the paddock and I feel exposed. Once we arrive at Williams, I take a seat in the back of George's side of the garage and check my emails before running through the schedule in my head as I always do before we start interviews. A shadow appears across my screen and I look up to see Jimmy "George just told me what's been happening! How are you here?" He questions "this is my job?" He frowns "I know but that is a lot for even the strongest person to take" I shake my head "James is something awful and the break up with Charles I suppose was becoming inevitable" I find myself shrugging again to convince Jimmy that I'm okay. He stands over me for a few more seconds "if you need someone you know where I am" I manage to give him a small smile "thanks Jimmy" he nods before backing back to his seat in the garage. Once I managed to get sorted for today I decide to give George a shout "come on Russell time to get a wriggle on" he looks up at me with a grin "I'm coming!" He bounds through the garage towards me "come on then sunshine, I'm all yours! Do your worst" I shake my head "first is a sky sports F1 interview" he nods as we make our way through the paddock. I feel eyes on me before I even notice the people who are looking "right they want to talk about your plans for the future, we can't mention Mercedes right now so try to talk about staying focused on your Williams drive in hopes of maintaining a seat in F1 for the foreseeable" he just gives me a nod "cool" we enter the media pen and I notice Max is here and Carlos both of which excitedly wave at us from there interviews before concentrating again. We walk over to Natalie Pinkham "Hello George, Molly" she greets us before starting the interview asking the questions I expected "is it true that Molly and Charles Leclerc are no longer together?" George glances at me before refusing to answer the question and I know there needs to be a statement and I factor that into my day. Once we finish up I see Max waiting about "Hey there Max" George greets him "Hey George, Mols" he grins at me "how are you doing?" George asks and Max turns to look at me before wrapping his arm around my shoulders "I'm more worried about this one, Lando filled me in" he explains and my heart sinks "I'm okay Max" he looks suspicious "I'm sure you aren't, but well done for putting on a brave face! Who are you staying with? Lando didn't mention you staying with him" I wince "I am staying with George this weekend, and I'm moving back into Lando's house on Monday before getting my old house sold" Max nods along "he is a prick, an absolute idiot" I muster a small smile "it's been a difficult year" he shrugs "no excuse for cheating" and I know that and I agree.

The day flew past without any awkward encounters with Charles, I think the boys have been partly to thank as George hasn't left my side and Lando has been loitering around Williams in his spare time. It's been a strange feeling all weekend, being in Monaco without Charles just feels wrong now. I shake my head and George notices "you okay?" I frown "I need to make a social media statement" he nods "best to get it out there and done" I agree "I will sort it now, you are off the hook now for the last couple of hours" he smiles "I will go chat with the engineers but I'm about if you need me" he grins before walking off.