Sakhir

Molly POV

Something crazy has happened over the last couple of days. Lewis Hamilton has caught covid-19 and cannot race this weekend due to following the protocols. It was announced this morning that my best friend George Russell is going to be filling in for him. Driving the world championship winning car. Potentially getting a win. At least his first points in F1. I'm beyond proud of him for getting this opportunity.

I'm currently wandering down the paddock as it's Wednesday and I'm just finalising my Hourglass challenge for this weekend that we are filming this afternoon. Reporters are everywhere wanting any comments about George. Nat Pinkham catches my eye and makes a beeline for me and I know what's coming "you are good friends with George aren't you?" I smile and nod "can I get some comments on what to expect this weekend" I smile again "George is a phenomenal driver and I believe he will show everyone what he is made of. His car doesn't let him show his skills I reckon he will be on the podium if not win this weekend" she grins "thank you" before she dashes away.

I walk into the hospitality area and spot Charles and Carlos waiting for me "sorry I got asked about George" they both laugh "they are getting everyone" Carlos says and Charles walks over and presses a kiss on my forehead. I see my Spaniards eyes widen and I subtly shake my head at him. He mouths the word later and me.

Once we have filmed the challenge that was messy me and Charles leave the paddock and head back to the hotel. It's very odd being in Bahrain for this long. It's going to be the most interesting weekend on the calendar with all the changes. Charles grabs my hand as we wander into the hotel. We are on our way to being back together but I can shake the fear that he won't find me enough again. I know the situation is different but I still can't get the negative thoughts out of my head.

We get upstairs and I go to get changed "want me to order some food" Charles asks me "sure!" I shout back as I enter the bathroom. I take a minute as I'm aware the conversation we are likely to have today. I know he is getting impatient as he has waited so long for us to get back together. His personality isn't one of never ending patience. I quickly get changed and head back into his living area. He spots me as soon as I enter and his smile is blinding. I know I am completely in love with him but I can't shake my fears.

Charles POV

I watch her hesitate at the door and I know she is thinking the same as me. There is a conversation we need to have. I smile at her and she seems to relax "I ordered some nachos for you and a salad for me" I tell her making room for her on the sofa. She settles down next to me "this weekend is going to be crazy" I laugh "that's one way of putting it, George knows what he is going though" I tell her knowing she will worry about him. We fall into silence "can we talk?" I ask her and she take a deep breath "sure" she mutters quietly "we both know we need to talk about it, I know you are the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I've been an idiot but all my time without you has only made me more aware of how much I need you in my life" I tell her she looks at me "I know we are meant to be together, I really do. I just can't shake my fear that it will all fall apart again. I know it would break me" I see how sad she is as she speaks "I can't change the past but you are my future" I tell her she stays silent "can we give it a go? I know we will be amazing" I really need her to trust me.

Molly POV

His words bring me little reassurance but the honesty in his tone and his eyes pushes me to say "okay let's properly try, officially back together" his smile seems to take over his whole face and he picks me up and spins me around before he kisses me "you have made me the happiest I have ever been" he tells me and I just hope I don't regret this. He pulls me in for a kiss and we end up cuddling on the sofa till our food arrives. I do feel a sense of dread which probably isn't what's supposed to happen when you are with the person you love the most. My mind keeps racing to Lando and how supportive of this he was like he spoke to Charles "did Lando speak to you before I arrived in Monaco?" I blurt out between mouthfuls of nachos. I spot him looking down before answering "he did" was all he responds "what did he say?" I ask him wanting to know "he called me after you guys broke up and he apologised for assuming that his feelings for you were romantic. He also threatened to kill me if I hurt you again and made me explain the whole Charlotte situation before giving me his blessing to make things right between us" I feel relief spread over me, Lando genuinely believes me and charles are meant to be and that alone calms my mind and I now feel happiness spreading from my fingers down to my toes. I look at Charles "I love you so much baby" I tell him and he seems to visibly relax "I love you more mon ange"