Maranello

Charles POV

I've arrived in Maranello ready for a day at the factory. Mattia asked me to come as it's Molly's first day on the job as my PO. I know I helped her get the position but now it's really happening I'm not sure if I can focus. Even more so now she and Lando have broken up, I didn't want it to happen but I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy about it. I spot Mia waiting in the conference room, she is here to hand everything over to Molly today so that she can be prepared for the weekend. We are racing in Imola this weekend which is a home track for Ferrari and we wish to do well here. I remember back on the afternoon I saw her there with her parents and I know this is going to be difficult for her without her father.

"Buongiorno Mia" I say as I approach my colleague "Ciao Charles, come te la passi? (how are you doing)" I smile "ottimo" I say "you must be looking forward to Molly starting today?" She asks and I know I can't hide my school boy grin " I am, as selfish as it sounds I feel like she has chosen me" she smiles slightly "don't get ahead of yourself Charles" I roll my eyes "she is the only woman I have ever truly loved" I tell her and she grins "I know but please do things right this time, if she gives you another chance" just then I see the rest of the team walking through the door with Mon Ange. My heart starts racing when I see her, she looks incredible in her Ferrari shirt.

"Buongiorno team" Mattia states and he stand at the front of the room "I would like you to all formally meet Molly, she is Charles' new PO taking over from Mia today" he point over and she gives a beautiful smile, everyone says their hellos and welcomes and then Mattia leaves to check on the engineers. I walk over "mon ange! It's great to see you" she smiles at me but it doesn't reach her eyes "Hey Lechair! It's very exciting but also very overwhelming" i can see how anxious she is and pull her into a hug "you are going to be amazing" I tell her and she starts to pull away "where is Mia?" She quickly asks me and I point her over to where Mia is seated "thanks Charles, see you later?" I nod my head.

Molly POV

I don't want things to be weird with Charles as it was my biggest worry moving to his team. I walk over to Mia "Ciao Mia" she smiles up at me "Hey Molly, ready for an information overload?" She questions me and I nod as I know this is going to be a lot to take in.

About 2 hours later we take a coffee break "you are really are talented at this" Mia tells me as we walk to the cafeteria. "Thanks, I really enjoy it" she smiles "I heard about you and Lando, I'm really sorry" I shake my head "no need, we are just best friends, the whole relationship bit wasn't really working" she smiles "sometimes it's best to find out what works" I agree "I miss him though, it's strange to be here and not at the MTC" she laughs "it's much more here, Ferrari is steeped in F1 history" I have found the factory overwhelming "it's been a lot to adjust to!" She smiles "are you going to be moving to here or Monaco?" I shake my head "I was told I could work remotely" she gives me a look "you will find it easier if you are closer to Charles and the team" I know she is right "I will consider it" she grins at me. Once we have grabbed our drinks we head back to the conference room where she begins to talk me through Charles' interview preferences and my other additional duties over the weekend.

Lando POV

Heading to the MTC alone this morning felt wrong. When she left for the airport yesterday I felt my heart break, this truly was it. I know I said we are better off as friends but I miss her so much. I feel somewhat like we made a mistake and rushed our decision due to her move. I have always had her here with me and it's strange I feel a bit lost. I enter the MTC and spot Helen in the reception area she walks over to me "morning Lando, ready to get started" I shake my head "didn't Mols tell you I get breakfast first and then I meet her at 9.30?" I ask and I see the surprise "she did but I told you 9?" I resist the urge to roll my eyes "I'm here at 9 to get breakfast then I will head up to you" I tell her again and she huffs before stomping away. This is going to be worse than I thought. My thoughts drift to how Mols is getting on and I find myself worrying as I'm not there for her.