part 5

"that was a bad time." jenner told the group.

"you two didn't leave, why?" andrea spoke up.

"we just kept working, hoping to do some good." jenner answered.

"dude, you are such a buzz kill, man." another voice spoke up. the statement almost making doctor carter laugh, something she hadn't done in a long time.

***
after dinner jenner showed the new group to their sleeping areas, they were rooms with couches in them, not beds however they were better than the group had had in weeks.

after finishing up her work for the night, doctor carter walked back to her room tiredly.

so tiredly in fact that she didn't notice the korean man in her shower.

"aghh!" he screamed when he saw her. the young woman just staring for a second in shock before leaving.

"sorry!" she called.

***

"hey..." the boy stated as he walked out of the bathroom to be met with doctor carter on her couch.

"hi. erm sorry about-" the korean cut her off.

"no it was my fault." the room fell silent with awkwardness.

"i'm glenn." glenn sat down next to doctor carter.

"i'm doctor carter."

"what's your real name?" he asked, catching doctor carter off guard quite a bit.

"marcella." she stated.

"that's a pretty name." glenn blurted out without thinking.

"your trying to hit on me?" marcella laughed slightly, the alcohol that she felt obliged to drink starting to take its effects, making her more confident than usual.

"what no! i would never-"

"oh, so if your not trying to hit on me then why are you in my room?" marcella joked, although was confused on how jenner failed to mention to glenn that this was her room.

"i didn't know this was your room... i'm sorry." glenn apologised.

"don't apologise." marcella laughed. "i could use the company."

"so you want me to stay?" glenn asked, genuinely curious.

"kinda."