part 2

"they don't get back soon, we're gonna have a decision to make." the older man spoke up.

"and that is?" rick questioned.

"wether to operate on your boy without the respirator."

"you said that wouldn't work." lori chimed in.

"i know, it's extremely unlikely. but we can't wait much longer." and with those words from the older man, lori walked out, rick slowly following.

"your a doctor?" marcella spoke up once the parents of carl were out of the room.

"a veterinarian." he corrected.

"i was a scientist, or well, i was still training." marcella tried to make conversation.

"your a natural doctor." the man in the room told marcella truthfully. "that could come in handy."

"thanks. i can help with the procedure, if you'd like." she suggested, wanting desperately to help out, yet not wanting to overcrowd them.

"for now go get something to eat, i will call you in before we begin." he agreed.

"i'm marcella." she put a hand out and after a second of hesitation the older man shook it.

"i'm hershel greene, my daughter that let you on is maggie greene." after offering hershel a small smile, marcella left the room.

***

"hey." glenn stood in almost surprise as marcella entered the room. he walked over to her, putting a hand on her saddened face. "are you okay?" he questioned quietly, so only she could hear.

"hershel wants me to help him with the procedure, until then i'll stay with you." marcella informs the taller man that still hadn't put space between the two.

"you want something to eat?" maggie spoke up.

"yes please." marcella smiled toward the brunette in appreciation.

now that maggie has left the room, it was just marcella and glenn.

glenn led marcella over to the couch.

"are you okay?" glenn repeated, having taken note that marcella didn't respond earlier.

"with you here, i'm always okay."