Never Have I Ever @walushaf

Reviewer: cwang1

Pros:

Wow! Nice cover! I love the little polaroids.

I also really liked your blurb! Your word usage was definitely amazing and I only spotted a few minor mistakes. I loved the last line about "when kick meets a*s and sugar meets spice" - definitely one of the best lines I've seen in a blurb. I'm not completely sure if you need the last part; you could maybe save it for an author's note or something like that.

I loved how you really used the actions of the characters to shape the characters and let the readers know more about the personalities of the characters. This "show, don't tell" approach definitely stuck with me and made your book stand out.

I really liked how your story was told from the perspective of the character, and it definitely had a more childish tone to it as approached to the 'professional writer tone.'

Cons:

I'm not sure if such a small detail is really necessary to add in, but I think it may be helpful to note that getting into Yale is usually not based solely on your GPA or SAT score. I think you could perhaps add something about Ava getting first place at some competition, or something like that. This would just make the story a bit more realistic.

I did think that you could perhaps describe the characters more. You didn't really put much description of their emotions or appearances, so just work on that.